The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and weather.dll

I'm facing a weird crash with FSX SP2 and FSUIPC 4.53. Without it, the simulator works fine. However, with it being the only add-on installed, there's a CTD whenever I start a flight, with Windows blaming weather.dll for it. This had never happened before... I have already tried to reinstall both FSX and the service packs! Is there a fix?

Thanks

I'm facing a weird crash with FSX SP2 and FSUIPC 4.53. Without it, the simulator works fine. However, with it being the only add-on installed, there's a CTD whenever I start a flight, with Windows blaming weather.dll for it. This had never happened before... I have already tried to reinstall both FSX and the service packs! Is there a fix?

That's almost certainly going to be because of a bad WX file, saved in your Flight Simulator X Files folder. The weather data saved with flights is in a binary form, and when corrupted it can mess SimConnect's weather reporting up. FSUIPC is reading weather from SimConnect regularly in order to populate the weather offsets.

Unless there's any good reason to keep the weather saved with your flights, try deleting all of the .WX files. Or at least moving them out for a test.

Regards

Pete