The simFlight Network Forums

Register problem

Hi Pete,

just installed FSX for the first time. Have also purchased FSUIPC4. The documentation tells me to right clickthe FSX start icon and "run as" administrator. I am the administrator, but when I do this it give "error=28 Unable to run message filter." Then flight simulator has encounted a problem and needs to close. I can't choose another account, because mine is the only one.

This is the log file...who the hell is Archie Scott ? I downloaded this dll from your support page.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.551 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "D:\Program Files\microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="Archie Scott"

User Addr="archiescott369@aol.com"

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=0

172 System time = 28/11/2009 12:54:28

172 FLT UNC path = "D:\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

172 FS UNC path = "D:\Program Files\microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\"

1188 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1188 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3813 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3813 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3813 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3875 d:\my documents\flight simulator x files\Rimini.FLT

3875 D:\Program Files\microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

38719 System time = 28/11/2009 12:55:06, Simulator time = 12:54:31 (11:54Z)

39391 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

70391 System time = 28/11/2009 12:55:38, Simulator time = 12:54:42 (11:54Z)

70391 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 11 secs = 25.9 fps

Memory managed: 7 Allocs, 7 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Regards,

Russell.

just installed FSX for the first time. Have also purchased FSUIPC4. The documentation tells me to right clickthe FSX start icon and "run as" administrator.

Sorry, where does it say this? If it does it's an error. you don't need to do that at all.

This is the log file.

You tried to install FSUIPC 4.551 without first running the Installer for 4.53? That's a complete no-no. Please do as it says there and install 4.53 first!. You'll need to delete all the stuff in your FSX Modules folder first, now, because you've made a bit of a mess.

..who the hell is Archie Scott ? I downloaded this dll from your support page.

A known software pirate who distributed his registration details illegally. It looks like you have been trying to install or use a pirated version. Delete all of the files in your FSX Modules folder and start again. Nothing in any of the files you get from any legitimate site will have any "Archie Scott" involved.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

never had FSX on my computer before, bought a sealed copy of FSx Gold Edition from Amazon.co.uk. When I installed FSX, that fsuipc4 was in the modules folder, but not showing in the fsx menu bar. I then deleted the fsuipc4.dll...downloaded and ran the 4.53 installer from SimMarket..then installed the latest update from your support page 4.551, then paid for it via SimMarket. I've been a registered user of fsuipc on fs9 since 2003. ABSOLUTELY no pirated stuff whatsoever. And no..I did'nt make a mess of anything..it appears a legitimate copy of fsx was shipped to me with this bloody thing already on board. When I start fsx and use the drop down menu to access fsuipc, the Register now button is greyed out, thats where the message to shut fsx down, and right click the start icon is. I'll now delete everything related to fsuipc (I only deleted the dll before) and start again from scratch, and see where that gets me. After doing everything above board and legitimate, it infuriates me for you to insinuate that I'm using pirated stuff, an attitude I could understand if I was trying to get out of paying..but I've paid..check with simMarket.

Russell.

never had FSX on my computer before, bought a sealed copy of FSx Gold Edition from Amazon.co.uk. When I installed FSX, that fsuipc4 was in the modules folder

FSUIPC4 is not and never has been sold or supplied as part of FSX. You must have installed something else which tried to install it.

but not showing in the fsx menu bar. I then deleted the fsuipc4.dll...downloaded and ran the 4.53 installer from SimMarket..then installed the latest update from your support page 4.551, then paid for it via SimMarket.

But you haven't registered it yet, apparently? Or else you have but have since installed something which has placed that pirate's KEY file in your FSX modules folder, overwriting your own.

ABSOLUTELY no pirated stuff whatsoever.

Well something you've installed was, even if you didn't know it.

it appears a legitimate copy of fsx was shipped to me with this bloody thing already on board.

That is absolutely not possible. If it appears on your FSX Gold edition disks then it sounds like those disks themselves are a forgery.

When I start fsx and use the drop down menu to access fsuipc, the Register now button is greyed out,

There is NO "register now" button in FSUIPC4 and never has been. Registration is only ever done via the Installer.

After doing everything above board and legitimate, it infuriates me for you to insinuate that I'm using pirated stuff, an attitude I could understand if I was trying to get out of paying..but I've paid..check with simMarket.

I'm insinuating no such thing. According to what you have said, either someone has fobbed you off with a pirated copy of FSX Gold, and/or you've installed something a bit dodgy (without being dodgy as far as you knew) and you've forgotten about it and assumed it came on your FSX disks. I have no idea which is the more likely, and I cannot investigate -- only you can.

Regards

Pete

Oh dear, I'm not having a good day...written this once, and my connection went down as I hit the send button.

OK Pete, you deserve an explanation, and an apology. Having never used FSX before, I assumed FSUIPC4 had shipped with the sim. For over a year now 99% of my flying has been with a fighter jet being developed to ultra realism by a talented team, some of whom flew this jet when it was in service. As I'm involved (in a small way) with the development, I've been using all the beta models with absolutely no problems. They'ed just sent me the beta for FSX (hence my purchase of the sim) Yes Pete, I can see you nodding your head...the last thing on earth I would ever have suspected, brought it in. First off, I had deleted just the fsuipc4.dll Then ran the installer from Shiratti. I suppose the key file still in the modules folder was jigging it up. After clearing the modules folder completely, I now have fsuipc registered and running correctly. Pete, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Russell.