The simFlight Network Forums

Ini file

Hi Pete

just a quick question can I edit or I should I say add buttons to the ini file directly or do I still have to assign all the buttons thru the FSUIPC menu in Fs itself. Reason I ask is that I need to reprogramme a couple of joysticks with a hat switch. I would fine it easier to directly edit the ini file it would save a bit of time

Thanks

Craig

... can I edit or I should I say add buttons to the ini file directly or do I still have to assign all the buttons thru the FSUIPC menu in Fs itself.

You can edit the INI file in any of the sections for Buttons, Keys, Axis assignments, or Joystick Calibrations, even with FS running still, and then, in the FSUIPC options, press the "Reload" button in the appropriate section.

Editing the INI section for Keys and Buttons directly is actually the only way to implement things like multiple actions on one button/key, and conditional actions -- conditional upon either FSUIPC offset values (Keys and Buttons), or on the state of other Buttons or settable flags (Buttons only). This is why the Advanced Users document, supplied with FSUIPC, goes into some detail on the format of those parameters.

Regards

Pete