The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder Trim

Hi All,

I am programing interface modules that we manufacture via delphi,

I need some help with the offset 0498, and 04A0.

I cant get any movement on the rudder trim even when I have tried to disconnect FS as mentioned in FSUIPC history.

With regards to 04A0 in the documentation it mentions that one should write 2^0 =1 for aileron disconnect and

2^1=1 for rudder. How do you represent this in delphi? OR is it simpily 2 to the power of 0?

Has anyone managed to use the rudder trim via offsets? if so which offset and did u disable anything on 04a0.

Thanks

Pierre

I need some help with the offset 0498, and 04A0.

I cant get any movement on the rudder trim even when I have tried to disconnect FS as mentioned in FSUIPC history.

Sorry, can you explain what it is you want to "disconnect" for? This is all to do with simulating failures. Is that what you want to do?

If you merely want to control the rudder trim, just write to offset 0C04 (FSX only) or 2EC0.

With regards to 04A0 in the documentation it mentions that one should write 2^0 =1 for aileron disconnect and

2^1=1 for rudder. How do you represent this in delphi? OR is it simpily 2 to the power of 0?

2^0 is bit 0, value 1. 2^1 is bit 1, value 2 .... 2^7 is bit 7, value 128.

Has anyone managed to use the rudder trim via offsets? if so which offset and did u disable anything on 04a0.

My cockpit has a rudder trim dial which is used to write directly to 2EC0. You only want to disable the connection to stop a use changing the trim with his own device (eg joystick) or to simulate problems.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the prompt reply to this post and appologies for the, not, so prompt, reply from my side.

I am using Fs interorgate and found those offsets listed there.

I need to trim the rudder from the rudder trim wheel in the cockpit so this should work fine.

Thanks for the great product and for supporting your product as well as you do.

Regards

Pierre