The simFlight Network Forums

Different Registration Problem

I was running the trial version of FSC with FS X and decided to purchase FSC from Aerosoft. It said I did not need a licence for FSUIPC 4 & Wide with this purchase as it was included. On install of FSC it asks me for the FSC key I give it and the install commences. Then it asks me for the FSUIPC 4 key (to which I don't have one) and the install of FSC completes with out a FSUIPC 4 licence as noted in the log.

When I try to run FSC I get and error (308) and FSC fails to run.

Suggestions appreciated!

I was running the trial version of FSC with FS X and decided to purchase FSC from Aerosoft. It said I did not need a licence for FSUIPC 4 & Wide with this purchase as it was included. On install of FSC it asks me for the FSC key I give it and the install commences. Then it asks me for the FSUIPC 4 key (to which I don't have one) and the install of FSC completes with out a FSUIPC 4 licence as noted in the log.

Assuming the last part was the FSUIPC4 installer option to Register if you want to, then, yes, that's fine, for FSUIPC4. But you do need a registration key for WideFS if you want to use that.

When I try to run FSC I get and error (308) and FSC fails to run.

No idea what error 308 is -- it isn't FSUIPC. You need to ask FSC Support.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, that was error 380. I'll check also with the folks at FSC. Would re-installing FS X help?

Sorry, I've no idea what is wrong with FSC to give you an error, so I cannot advise. I would certainly avoid reinstalling FSX unless you have to -- it seems to give more problems than it solves for many folks.

Pete

I guess I should redress the FSUIPC 4 asking for a licence issue. the end resulte with no licence key at hand is "Registration Canceled". How should I respond to this?

All it is saying is that you exited the Dialogue options by pressing "cancel" rather than registering. That is quite normal if you don't wish to register -- if you want to register you have to purchase a key.

Pete

I'm not sure what it means, but on the sales page for Aerosoft - Flight Sim Commander it says "There is NO registered version of the FSUIPC necessary."

Yes. That seems clear enough. FSC is a licensed FSUIPC application and it does not need a registered FSUIPC. Why do you find this so confusing? They seem to spell it out loud and clear!!!

Is it limited function, Full Function? It's not very clear though I know sales pages never are! ;)

Is what limited function? What is confusing you? FSC says you don't need to register FSUIPC. Full Stop. End of story!

If you want to use FSUIPC's User Facilities, pay for it. If you don't, don't pay for it. To find out what they are simply browse the FSUIPC User Guide. What is so hard about that? Wouldn't you do they same for any other product -- find out about it if you were interested, before buying it?

Pete

Pete,

I'm simply trying to find out from the author (I think) what Aerosoft is selling me. They say I don't need a registered copy of your product (I would think you would be concerned about that) second, if this is your product, I would think you would want to provide as much information to your customers as possible, As you no doubt know customer come in at different knowlege levels. But we're all here to have fun with the sims. Once we can get the running! :)

I'm simply trying to find out from the author (I think) what Aerosoft is selling me. They say I don't need a registered copy of your product (I would think you would be concerned about that)

Why would I be concerned when they have paid for the access rights to the FSUIPC interface? This is why you don't need to register just to use their product! This applies to most add-ons using FSUIPC. Why don't you just believe what you are told in this instance?

second, if this is your product, I would think you would want to provide as much information to your customers as possible

My "product" is FSUIPC, which in this context is used invisibly, as a window into FS, by another, licensed product, perfectly legitimately. If you want to know about FSC, see their documentation or website.

I really fail to understand where you are coming from on this. I have enough support work to do without dealing with other folks' products. Please, if you are still so confused, go to the FSC support place, wherever it is.

Thank you.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Let me ask the question again with some background. I install FSC and your product I enter the licence for FSC and the install comtinues. A dialoge comes up asking me to enter the licence for your product. Since Aerosoft did not give me one for your product I hit cancel and another dialogue come up saying you are not registered and have a limited function of FSUIPC 4. Therefore and again, what does linited function mean? I ask because I want to know if I should buy a licence (that I thought according to Aerosofts website I was getting) for your product. What will I gain?

Thank you

Let me ask the question again with some background. I install FSC and your product I enter the licence for FSC and the install comtinues. A dialoge comes up asking me to enter the licence for your product. Since Aerosoft did not give me one for your product I hit cancel and another dialogue come up saying you are not registered and have a limited function of FSUIPC 4.

Can you show me that dialogue please, as it doesn't actually sound like anything i have implemented! If I do that here, i.e. cancel the registration option, it simply terminates cleanly.

Therefore and again, what does linited function mean?

Well, I don't think I wrote that, but it no doubt means you don't have any FSUIPC user facilities whatsoever. Exactly as the documentation tells you. It's use is then really limited as to being an interface for applications. There are some logging facilities available to all, and a couple of options to do with FS windows used by apps such as Radar Contact.

I ask because I want to know if I should buy a licence (that I thought according to Aerosofts website I was getting) for your product

If you have not bought my product you do not get a licence for it. You bought another product which merely uses my product as an interface to FS. It has a licence to do that.

What will I gain?

Nothing if you do not wish to use the facilities, none of which are related to the particular product you purchased. If you want to know what is available, please peruse the User guide as I suggested in the first place. If you don't know whether it will be useful to you, it probably won't be. It is like a Swiss Army Knife, a toolkit. But if you don't need any tools, you don't need it.

Pete