The simFlight Network Forums

Install Problems - Strange

Hi,

First, I fly both FS9 and FSX at different times, and I paid dearly for the ability to use WideFS for either one at my discretion.

That said, I have had different email accounts in the past, and have registered FSUIPC for FSX and FS9, and WideFS for FSX and FS9 (both WideFS keys purchased today). The emails show differently on SimMarket's reg page.

So, I was able to install and register both programs in FSX with no problems, but my FS9 is not playing the game.

I installed FS9's FSUIPC and WideFS for FS9 per the instructions, and I registered both outside the program using the installer. It seemed to work but inside FS9, the FSUIPC is showing as NOT registered but the WideFS is. When I try to register FSUIPC within the program module, it shows the WideFS email and it won't let me change it. Needless to say, I cannot register FSUIPC so the program will not work.

Does this make sense what I wrote i.e. is my problem explanation clear enough? Did I do something wrong? I will fuss with it again while waiting for a reply.

Thanks in advance,

Dolph

I just realized that my FSX installs are not working either, same issue. The emails are different and therefore the registrations won't work.

Now I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I can't even see the FSUIPC module within FSX. I'm getting seriously frustrated. Time to go to bed and figure this out later.

UPDATE - Of course I couldn't stop so I fixed that part. I deleted all FSUIPC files from /FSX/modules and reinstalled. Now I have it on my menu again. So back to the key problem.

I think the resolution will be to get new matching keys. I need these keys for both FS9 and FSX. My current email will do. I have put in a ticket with SimMarket to get new keys. I will wait until they respond. I need new keys for both my FSUIPC purchases because the WideFS keys contain my current and correct address.

Frustrated in New Mexico,

dolph

The emails are different and therefore the registrations won't work.

Correct. It does tell you in the documentation that the name and email details must be the same for each.

Now I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I can't even see the FSUIPC module within FSX.

What did you uninstall and reinstall? Not FSX I hope? I'm pretty sure that's the cause of many folks' SimConnect problems.

UPDATE - Of course I couldn't stop so I fixed that part. I deleted all FSUIPC files from /FSX/modules and reinstalled.

I don't know of any way that deleting files can help -- but if re-running the FSUIPC4 installer fixed things, you must have somehow got your DLL.XML file messed up. Many add-ons mess with that in order to get special modules loaded by SimConnect.

I think the resolution will be to get new matching keys. I need these keys for both FS9 and FSX. My current email will do. I have put in a ticket with SimMarket to get new keys. I will wait until they respond. I need new keys for both my FSUIPC purchases because the WideFS keys contain my current and correct address.

Raising a problem ticket with SimMarket is invariably the fastest way to get it fixed. Simply explain the problem and provide all the details. They normally do this within 24 hours.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter,

I got new registrations for both of my versions of FSUIPC to match those of the recently purchased WideFS. So now I'm fully registered in both sims.

UPDATE: Disregard below the line.

It works! I simply added the lines

ServerName=MY MACHINE NAME

Protocol=TCP

and it took off! This program Plan-G is the best thing since sliced bread (so far). Shows me and all my AI planes on a Google Map. Incredible!

Thanks for everything Pete!

Dolph

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not getting any connections yet.

Machine 1 - XPS 420 with Windows 7 32-bit - My fabulous flying machine

Machine 2 - Dell 1525 Laptop with Windows Vista 32-bit - where I hope to run Plan-G to track my flights.

I have checked both the firewalls on both machines. Machine 1 does not show anything as far as a Wideserver.dll at all. Do I need to add this somehow? When I tried, it was not there. I am showing all files, even hidden system files. The only choices I have in the Firewall to add are .exe, .com, and .icd files. DLL files are not available to me to add.

The Client Machine 1 shows "FS Eliminator for FSUIPC client applications" in the list and is enabled.

On both sims I get "waiting for clients" nothing else.

No action on the laptop, just "Waiting for a connection"

I have not exhausted my reading and I hope to get it working by myself. But if you want to give a hint, that would be nice. I am reading the docs though, so don't yell at me for not doing so please. yuk yuk.

UPDATE: Disregard below the line.

It works! I simply added the lines

ServerName=MY MACHINE NAME

Protocol=TCP

If it only worked when you did that then your two PCs were in different Workgroups -- the better way isd to always choose a name for your workgroup and remember to set it in each PC.

I have not exhausted my reading and I hope to get it working by myself. But if you want to give a hint, that would be nice. I am reading the docs though, so don't yell at me for not doing so please. yuk yuk.

It shouldn't have taken long. The part about workgroup names is early on in the User guide section entitled

Configure your Network

which also has the subtitle

IT IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL USERS TO READ AT LEAST PART OF THIS!

to draw your attention to it. The part advising otherwise to set the ServerName and Protocol parameters follows, so why skip the earlier part, the easier part?

Regards

Pete

Yes I always set all my PCs to the same workgroup. But this Windows 7 was a different name and I didn't notice until today. Even after I changed the name to my usual network name, it didn't work. Could be a fluke with 7, I dunno. I did not reboot after that though. Could be it. Whatever works is good for me. Thanks!

Yes I always set all my PCs to the same workgroup. But this Windows 7 was a different name and I didn't notice until today.

Yes, it is easy to overlook. And Win7 confuses the issue even more with its "HomeGroup" setup, which only operates between Win7 PCs. I've avoided that entirely because I've a mixture of Win7 and XP PCs on my network.

Even after I changed the name to my usual network name, it didn't work. Could be a fluke with 7, I dunno. I did not reboot after that though. Could be it.

I don't think it will be a Win7 thing, unless you have HomeGroup enabled and that possibly interferes. But yes, I believe you need a re-boot after changing the workgroup name before it becomes effective.

Regards

Pete