The simFlight Network Forums

capt 757 and pmdg 747 with the FSUIPC4 4.53

I run the PMDG 747-400X and the Captain 757 for FSX on my computer. However, I noted the 757 began to rock about its horizontal axis very erratically. So on Justflight's support it says to run the latest update for it; I did. Then it says to download the latest FSUIPC4 4.53 for FSX. So I did that. Then my 757 ran like a charm. However, then my 747 quit working properly. I could take off and climb perfectly. But once at altitude with the LNAV engaged following the course, the plane will bank to the right, then bank to the left, then back to the right etc.... The plane seemed like it didn't know where the course was, and kept chasing it like a new IFR student does when flying an ILS or LOC approach. Then eventually after a little bit of time, the plane will enter a 60 degree left bank, hold it for a few seconds, then completely roll over ON AUTOPILOT. So the FSUIPC4 fixed the 757, but caused problems for the 747. Are there any ideas as to why this is? I used to be able to run the both of theses with no problems what so ever. Also I have the latest service packs for the 747. FSX has SP1 and SP2 installed. Thanks.

I know it is the FSUIPC because I installed everything with the 747, ran it multiple flights and was fine. Then I installed the 757 and installed the service pack to it. I tried flying it and it wouldn't fly. I flew the 747 again testing to see if just the 757 was causing the problem; nothing. Then I installed the FSUPIC and the 757 ran fine over 5 different flights, and the 747 crashed on the first flight. I just don't know what other options there are other than not running one airplane or the other, and if thats the case what a waste of money. If anyone has any ideas of where to even start that would be great. Thanks.

Mark Carter

So the FSUIPC4 fixed the 757, but caused problems for the 747.

FSUIPC doesn't do anything by itself. It is a tool, used by other programs and add-ons to access FS innards, and by users (if registered) for assigning, programming and calibrating assorted accessory devices.

I know it is the FSUIPC because ...

You might know it doesn't happen without FSUIPC, but that must be because then something using FSUIPC isn't able to do whatever it does which you don't like. If you registered FSUIPC then possibly you've set something wrongly for one of your control devices. Try deleting the FSUIPC4.INI file to remove everything you've assigned or changed. If you haven't registered FSUIPC then it does absolutely nothing not actively requested by add-ons using it.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have exactly the same problem: PMDG 747 working perfect, installed CS 757 and the problems with autopilot begun. Solved the problem with CS 757 after installing FSUIPC 4.53 but PMDG 747 continues with the problem...

There's no way merely installing FSUIPC will affect an add-on aircraft which doesn't use it. You have to actually register the installed FSUIPC and set options in it, such as assigning and calibrating controls -- otherwise it isn't doing anything except at the behest of programs using it.

If you have registered it and used it for your aircraft controls then it is likely that the settings you have made suit the 757 but not the 747, in which case you need to use the aircraft-specific settings or try the Profiles facilities, so that FSUIPC automatically makes different settings for different aircraft.

Incidentally, version 4.53 is now out of date. The currently supported version is 4.57 (with an interim update for that also available).

Regards

Pete

There's no way merely installing FSUIPC will affect an add-on aircraft which doesn't use it. You have to actually register the installed FSUIPC and set options in it, such as assigning and calibrating controls -- otherwise it isn't doing anything except at the behest of programs using it.

If you have registered it and used it for your aircraft controls then it is likely that the settings you have made suit the 757 but not the 747, in which case you need to use the aircraft-specific settings or try the Profiles facilities, so that FSUIPC automatically makes different settings for different aircraft.

Incidentally, version 4.53 is now out of date. The currently supported version is 4.57 (with an interim update for that also available).

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your answer. I don't have the registered FSUIPC, it was installed by CS products that I have, then I will continue searching the forums. I've read many topics with the same problem in other forums, but no solution... PMDG and CS guys don't say nothing, except that their products are perfect. Is for this reason I hoped that this was the problem... but after your answer I know that the problem is another one, and more complex. If I can't find a solution, I believe that I will uninstall FSX, and all the addons I bought, and throw all to the garbage... and forget it forever. I'm so tired.

Regards

Gerard