The simFlight Network Forums

Wing/Stab Heat

Is there an offset available for Wing/Stabilizer heat in FS? I only see:

3BE3 Pitot heat

029C Pitot Heat switch

(what's the difference here?)

and...

08B2 Engine 1 Anti-Ice or Carb Heat switch (and then the Engine 2/3/4 Anti-Ice as well)

1) Would the Engine Anti Ice be Engine Nacelle heat if the aircraft is a Jet?

2) Can 3BE3 AND 029C be used to the same effect interchangeably?

thanks, and Happy New Year

Is there an offset available for Wing/Stabilizer heat in FS? I only see

Sorry, Ive never heard of wing/stabiliser heat. do you mean wing de-ice? See offset 337D. There's also a prop de-ice at 337C. But I've no idea if either work in FS9 or before -- it probably depends on the maircraft modelling. 337D is okay in FSX and ESP, not sure about 337C.

3BE3 Pitot heat

029C Pitot Heat switch

(what's the difference here?)

Why not look it up? 3BE3 is just as documented, one of that batch of 18 FAILURE modes 3BD6. Please do refer to the documentation provided -- it clearly isn't a switch like the other!

1) Would the Engine Anti Ice be Engine Nacelle heat if the aircraft is a Jet?

No idea. What is "engine nacelle heat"?

2) Can 3BE3 AND 029C be used to the same effect interchangeably?

Obviously not since one sets a failure and would make the other inoperative.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for pointing out the structural de ice offset of 337D. That is what I was looking for. The LJ45 has Wing/Stabilizer de-ice that is accomplished via hot bleed air, hence my calling it Wing/Stab 'heat'. I realize it may not actually do anything, but I can interface the offset via the hardware to have the EICAS software show that it is indeed activated for proper procedures.

Engine Nacelle Heat is accomplished via the same method-hot bleed air- to prevent ice accumalation on the engine nacelle lips, hence 'Engine Nacelle Heat'. In your opinion, is this considered Engine Heat, or is that entirely different for what is modeled as Engine Anti Ice in FS?

thanks

Engine Nacelle Heat is accomplished via the same method-hot bleed air- to prevent ice accumalation on the engine nacelle lips, hence 'Engine Nacelle Heat'. In your opinion, is this considered Engine Heat, or is that entirely different for what is modeled as Engine Anti Ice in FS?

I don't know about "engine heat", I don't think there's a control by that name. But engine anti-ice is most certainly hot bleed air used to prevent ice accumulation. not sure exactly where such accumulation occurs, sorry, but if "nacelles" is the place then that must be it. It's just a term I don't know.

Pitot heat is of course the dynamic air pressure probe heat, to stop the pitot tubes blocking up with ice and causing the ASI to malfunction. On the 737 overhead, at least, it's called probe heat.

Regards

Pete