The simFlight Network Forums

Jostick controller

Hello, sorry if this is a simple question for the more exsperianced of you.

Can I purchase a USB Joystick Controller add switches or other input devices, then let Flight Sim think it's a extra joystick. then allocate actions to my PMDG aircraft using FSUIPC.

I currently have a Saitek Yoke, Ruder Pedals, Saitek radio Panel. All of these items are usb. I have tested all these items with an additional Sidewinder Joystick and that worked.

Thank you Steven Higa

Oxford England

Can I purchase a USB Joystick Controller add switches or other input devices, then let Flight Sim think it's a extra joystick. then allocate actions to my PMDG aircraft using FSUIPC.

Yes. There are plenty of controller cards which allow switches, buttons, axes and even indicator circuits to be added. They may come with a driver to make them look like USB joystick devices, or a driver to interface to FSUIPC directly, which can be more efficient sometimes.

Visit the Forums over on http://www.mycockpit.org/forums and you will get plenty of pointers and advice.

Regards

Pete

Thank you, what are some of the interfaces that speak to FSUIPC and are they easy to install.

Sorry, I've no idea -- it would depend on the device in any case. It it imitated a genuine joystick device it would be a type of joystick driver in any case and seen in FS and FSUIPC as a collection of buttons and so on.

You need to follow the pointer I gave you.

Pete