The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight & PMDG 747x

Hi all,

I am fairly new to all this but I want to soley fly the PMDG 747-400 in FSX.

I want to buy some goflight modules, mainly the throttle quad TQ6 and some other modules. Not the MCP tho.

Will this work for me? Will I have to learn to do something with fsupic?

I have been searching around all day and cannot find anything to help me out?

Any advice or maybe even someone who had got the TQ6 and some other modules working with in the sim would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Mark

I am fairly new to all this but I want to soley fly the PMDG 747-400 in FSX.

I want to buy some goflight modules, mainly the throttle quad TQ6 and some other modules. Not the MCP tho.

Will this work for me? Will I have to learn to do something with fsupic?

Sorry, I don't really know the PMDG 747X. I know that the GoFlight TQ6 is a generic throttle quadrant, assignable in FSX in any case, so I don't think that will be a problem. Radio modules should be okay I think -- I doubt that PMDG do their own radio emulation. As for anything else, sorry, i don't know.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for this.

I guess assigning items to the modules ie the T8 & P8 etc can be done via FSUPIC and the PMDG 747??

I would just be interested if anyone else had done it? I remember a long while back you could with the 737 from PMDG, but heard mixed things regarding the 747x...

Thanks

Mark

H

I guess I just need to know if with the use of FSUPIC I can get the modules working, ie the T8, TQ6 throttle..!

The TQ6 is recognised in FS as a set of axes, so you can assign them just like any other joystick axes. OR you can assign in FSUIPC, just as with any other axes.

The buttons and switches on all GoFlight units are recognised in FSUIPC just like any other buttons and switches, providing you have "GFDev.DLL" installed in the same place as your GFConfig program (which is where it usually is) or, for FSX only, in the FSX Modules folder.

So, there's no difference really using GoFlight devices from any others. Just go ahead and assign as you wish.

Regards

Pete