The simFlight Network Forums

How to copy axis/button settings from one specific aircraft?

I'm using a Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant x 2 to control my aircraft. I have a standard airleron, elevator, throttle, mixture and pitch settings in FSUIPC, but almost all of my aircraft are programmed indepedently (using teh specific aircraft check box) to make better use of all the axes and buttons (i.e., adding spoilers, flaps, etc.). The problem with this is that each different paint of an aircraft needs to be programmed individually this way.

Is there anyway to apply or copy the control settings to all the different paints of a single aircraft?

For example, I was just programming my Captain Sim C-130 using the basic C-130E USAF model. However, if I open the Blue Angels, Coast Guard, KC-130 or AC-130's that I also like to fly, I'm back with all of my "default" controls. I'd like to tell the sim somehow that any version of the Captain Sim C-130 uses the same controls.

If important in this matter, I am using FSX+acceleration, FSUIPC 4.53 registered.

I'm using a Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant x 2 to control my aircraft. I have a standard airleron, elevator, throttle, mixture and pitch settings in FSUIPC, but almost all of my aircraft are programmed indepedently (using teh specific aircraft check box) to make better use of all the axes and buttons (i.e., adding spoilers, flaps, etc.). The problem with this is that each different paint of an aircraft needs to be programmed individually this way.

There are two ways around this. One is simply to use the "ShortAircraftNameOk" facilities as described in an Appendix to the Advanced Users guide:

APPENDIX 2: About the Aircraft Specific option and “ShortAircraftNameOK”

Those facilities have been available and documented with examples supplied by users for several years.

The tidier and more modern facilities to cover this in a much nice way are those for aircraft Profiles. Those facilities are described in their very own chapter in the Main User Guide:

User profiles for all control settings

Take a browse through the documentation provided some time. You may be surprised at the range of facilities provided. This is the problem with such a multi-purpose tool, folks miss too many of the useful bits. :-(

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply

Take a browse through the documentation provided some time. You may be surprised at the range of facilities provided. This is the problem with such a multi-purpose tool, folks miss too many of the useful bits.

Quite true. Believe it or not I've read the manual through a couple times. Problem is I don't necessarily realize the usefullness of a certain utility until I need it...