The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Help! Urgent!

Hello all,

I have been using FSUIPC for about 2 years now with Squawkbox. I have never had any problems, it was great. Recently, I joined a site called FSAIRLINES where I started a small virtual airline. To fly, it required me to have a client. I got the client but was unable to use it because my version of FSUIPC was too old. So, I went and installed V 3.93. Ever since, I have not been able to fly using Squakbox, or PMDG. I fly on VATSIM and I am now unable to do so. Please help me!

I have been using FSUIPC for about 2 years now with Squawkbox. I have never had any problems, it was great. Recently, I joined a site called FSAIRLINES where I started a small virtual airline. To fly, it required me to have a client. I got the client but was unable to use it because my version of FSUIPC was too old. So, I went and installed V 3.93. Ever since, I have not been able to fly using Squakbox, or PMDG. I fly on VATSIM and I am now unable to do so. Please help me!

Did you purchase your FSUIPC or WideFS registration in 2010? If so, haven't you received my email? I can't check because you've not used you real name here (why oh why don't folks like others to know who they are?).

Please also see the Announcements above. The "Updates and other goodies" one is relevant.

If none of this is relevant, please close FS and show me the FSUIPC.LOG file which you will find in the FS Modules folder. You can paste it here, it is an ordinary text file.

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi dear Pete.

I´m from Ecuador. I have the fs2004 and unregistered fsuipc 3.90. When i open the ATR by flight one, the efis panel show me that the fsuipc is disconnected, the active sky don´t load the wheater into fs2004, because fs is disconnected too!! If i will to purchase the fsuipc these troubles do not appear again??

Thanks.

I´m from Ecuador. I have the fs2004 and unregistered fsuipc 3.90.

Sorry, that is pretty old now and not supported. You need to update to the currently supported version if you want support.

You do not need to purchase FSUIPC registration to use it withe licensed products such as those you mention.

Regards

Pete

• 2 years later...

Dear Pete,

Today I purchased FSUIPC for FS9 and for FSX.

The FSX installation seems to work fine, while the FS9 causes a problem.

The PMDG 747-400 causes a crash, stating: FSUIPC version is too old. You need at least v3.48 or later. Flight Simulator will now close.

After spending all afternoon finding a fix I got to the point where deleteing the registration key file let's the Jumbo fly. With the key file moved back to FS9/Modules causes a crash again.

It would be possible to fly without FSUIPC, but I have now REX Essential OD and need the wind smooting option among other cool stuff you coded in.

I searched through the registry and checked all PMDG files without luck. Reinstalling the 747 did not help either.

I need your help to point me towards a solution.

Very much appreciated,

Balazs

P.S.

The log file:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.999w by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "H:\MSFS2004\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Balazs Sardy"

User Addr="abcde@fgh.com"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

1029 System time = 25/01/2013 16:47:33

1029 H:\MSFS2004\

1029 System time = 25/01/2013 16:47:33, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

1466 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

1466 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

1482 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

28376 AIRCRAFT\PSS Dash8\Dash8-300.air

28376 Aircraft="PSS Dash 8 300 BahamasAir"

31028 C:\Users\BS\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

31995 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

34897 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

41777 AIRCRAFT\757-Freighter_Captain\cs757-F.air

41777 Aircraft="Captain Sim 757-Freighter 1"

54366 AIRCRAFT\PMDG747-400\B747-400.air

54366 Aircraft="747-400 Air Canada"

64646 System time = 25/01/2013 16:48:36, FS2004 time = 16:47:40 (00:47Z)

64646 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 534 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

• 2 months later...

Hello Pete,

i bought FSUIPC version 4.86 but there is a problem and i don't understand the solutions. Only when i use my hotas warthog with FSUIPC FSX crashes. Sometimes the events viewer shows DINPUT8 or NTDLL. Why? If i use my hotas without FSUIPC fsx goes perfectly.

This is my log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.86 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=6C580000

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

32 System time = 09/04/2013 00:48:28

32 FLT path = "C:\Users\Giuseppe\Documents\File di Flight Simulator X\"

47 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

63 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Simulator X\"

359 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

359 SIM1 Frictions access gained

359 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

359 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

359 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

359 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

2543 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

2543 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2543 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2606 c:\users\giuseppe\documents\file di flight simulator x\Innsbruck.FLT

2606 C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.AIR

41388 C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 Extended CFM\A321.AIR

110558 System time = 09/04/2013 00:50:18, Simulator time = 00:48:32 (22:48Z)

110558 Aircraft="Airbus A321 Alitalia EI-IXI"

114318 Starting everything now ...

115582 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

145986 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 37 secs = 27.0 fps

5907914 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 5738 secs = 21.3 fps

5950425 System time = 09/04/2013 02:27:38, Simulator time = 02:24:57 (00:24Z)

5950425 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 5786 secs = 21.3 fps

G3D fix: Passes 194279, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 2605 Allocs, 2605 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Giuseppe

i bought FSUIPC version 4.86 but there is a problem and i don't understand the solutions. Only when i use my hotas warthog with FSUIPC FSX crashes. Sometimes the events viewer shows DINPUT8 or NTDLL. Why? If i use my hotas without FSUIPC fsx goes perfectly.

I don't know why you showed me a Log depicting a perfect session, no crash at all. What was the reason for that?

It sounds to me as if you have a bad joystick driver -- neither Dinput8 or NTDLL are part of FSUIPC, but both are involved in accessing or checking joysticks. First try uninstalling the Hotas Warthog, as that is the most obvious culprit. Otherwise use the Windows device manager to disable each device in turn till you find the culprit.

There's no other useful information here. You've not said what you use FSUIPC for, even, so I cannot help further.

Regards

Pete

I show you the Log to see you that all is good. I use FSUIPC to configure all buttons and axis better than in FSX. I don't know the reason of crash so i sent you my log... Now i try to disable each device in turn but the are not other latest driver for the hotas :(

Regards

Giuseppe

I show you the Log to see you that all is good.

Not to provide any information about the problem, then.

I use FSUIPC to configure all buttons and axis better than in FSX. I don't know the reason of crash so i sent you my log.

but the log shows there was no crash! When does the crash happen, and why didn't it happen then -- how did you get a good log?

.. Now i try to disable each device in turn but the are not other latest driver for the hotas :(

It is likely a compatibility problem with the Hotas Warthog driver. Try without. Also check what others have found. I see in AVSIM there are folks happily using the device with FSUIPC -- see for example this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396940-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-fsx-configuration/

Does it all work in FS, without assigning in FSUIPC? They both access joysticks in the same way, via standard DirectInput functions in Windows. Maybe you need a DirectInput update?

Regards

Pete

I solved in part setting off AutoScanDevices=No. I knew that was a problem related to drivers but i thought abount FSUIPC too. Now i'm flying and all works fine. Thank anyway.

The "autoscandevices" option only changes what FSUIPC does when you enter its options. You never said anything that indicated that was the only time it crashed. In fact you didn't really say much helpful at all, but the implication was that it occurred when you were flying not when you were doing something so specific.

The routine to scan for devices called up when you enter the options is exactly the same routine entered when FSUIPC starts up. It sounds very much like a Hotas Warthog driver bug which doesn't like being queried when it is already operating. You should contact Thrustmaster to see if there's a fix. I notice that as well as issuing new drivers from time to time they also have updated firmware for your device. Maybe you should check?

Pete

Yes. I have updated the firmware and installed latest driver...

There's some conflict going on at the driver level somewhere. Did you check for other, now redundant, drivers? Look through the stuff in Device Manager. Also try making sure your DirectX is bang up to date.

Doesn't the Hotas Warhog work as a joystick device without their drivers? Maybe some programmable functions are lost? If you can disable/uninstall it and try without you may at least elmiinate it as the cause -- or not. You could always reinstall it again afterwards.

Have you tried their support forum?

Pete

I will do it tomorrow... Only i don't understand why the hotas works fine using it in FSX without FSUIPC button assignment. If it is a driver problem it should not work with FSX too. No? Maybe it is a driver conflict as you said

I suppose it depends how it is used inside FSX compared to FSUIPC. It is also interesting to see other users being successful with the device and FSUIPC. Have you checked with what they might be doing differently?

I take it that you have disabled controllers in FSX before assigning in FSUIPC? Otherwise, even without assignments in FSX it will still be interrogating it.

Pete