The simFlight Network Forums

GF-T8 and GFdisplay

I am using a GFT8 with FS9 and Winxp. I am able to program all the aircraft lights with fsuipc and light the leds with gfdisplay on the F1ATR but when I try to program the no smoking and seat belt signs the switches work but the leds stay on all the time. I am using offset 341C and 341D. Example of the GFdisplay.ini below.

[GFT8.0]

L0=X0D0C U16 M0010 ; Strobe lts

L1=X0D0C U16 M0008 ; Taxi lts

L2=X0D0C U16 M0004 ; landing lts

L3=X341C U16 ; No smoking

L4=X341D U16 ;Seat belt sign

Thanks for your help.

I am using a GFT8 with FS9 and Winxp. I am able to program all the aircraft lights with fsuipc and light the leds with gfdisplay on the F1ATR but when I try to program the no smoking and seat belt signs the switches work but the leds stay on all the time. I am using offset 341C and 341D.

FS9 doesn't have offsets 341C or 341D -- or at least there's nothing useful known in those offsets before they were assigned for FSX. Where are you getting your information from? Those were added in FSUIPC4 for FSX and ESP. FS9 doesn't support those indicators in any useful way.

Pete

Thank you for the quick reply Pete. I took a closer look at the offset listing and of course the first thing it says is items in blue are new

to FSX!

Ah, the document you must be reading, then, is the one entitled "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status", which is a supplement to the main "FSUIPC for Programmers" reference guide to provide updated information specifically for FSUIPC4 only. You might recall that FSUIPC4 is for FSX and ESP, not FS9 and before? The prime reference remains the document called "FSUIPC for Programmers". Please only refer to the supplement if you are specifically concentrating only on FSX and ESP. The earlier one is more general.

Regards

Pete