The simFlight Network Forums

Problem fsuipc in fs.9 windows 7

Dear Peter ,

Have been struggling for some time now with following weird problem..

First the facts:

Have experience for years with online Fligtsim and Fsuipc, never had a serious problem which could not be solved.

Running new build computer (evga X58 classified (intel 975 17- GPU 2 x GTX 295-sli ) etc ..(Windows 7 - 64 bit) All latest drivers etc.

Among other games running both Fligtsim FSX and Fs9 (in configuration Windows XP serv.p 2 setup and running smoothly!

Dxdiag: clean - not one problem both 32 and 64 bit..all Whql.. directx - updated redirect etc..

sofar so good..

I purchased in simmarket your Fsuipc4/ws fs7 for FSX- intalled/regst- - runs fine!

also purchased yr fsuipc 3 for fs9 ..(and yes, I did get yr update by e-mail!..thx )

Here,s the problem:

Did clean install Fs9/updated 9.1.. first thing installed fsuipc, before any add-ons..!

Within fs9 trying to open fsuicp - the screen goes black !

This was adressed in the forum , you stated it is a driver problem. I believe you ,but am stuck as I would not know what to update or change as I have the latest nvidia driver clean installed and is not giving me any problem in other applications whatsoever.

Ok, You also gave a good workaround.. Windowed mode in Fs9, and YES, It does bring up FSUIPC.

However, as I fly online with IVAO- needed to install interface IvAP (latest version)

Installation runs ok, but when trying to connect within the fs9 to go online, error: IvAp cannot load the Fsuipc.. make sure you have fsuicp installed!) brrr.

I will not boar you with things I tried, but in the end:

I uninstalled/deleted your fsuicp and let IvAp install his own build-in fsuipc- guess what.. it worked!

So much for my paid for Fsuipc- dont get me wrong, its not the money but I like to find out what the problem is..

Would appreciate your comment..

Kind regards,

Willem Jonkers

Within fs9 trying to open fsuicp - the screen goes black !

This was adressed in the forum , you stated it is a driver problem. I believe you ,but am stuck as I would not know what to update or change as I have the latest nvidia driver clean installed and is not giving me any problem in other applications whatsoever.

Have you tried in Windowed mode? The FSUIPC dialogue is a standard Windows dialogue, nothing special. I have no control whatsoever about how Windows displays it. But so far ALL the problems with a non-display have only been in full screen mode and always tied to driver problems.

Ok, You also gave a good workaround.. Windowed mode in Fs9, and YES, It does bring up FSUIPC.

However, as I fly online with IVAO- needed to install interface IvAP (latest version)

Installation runs ok, but when trying to connect within the fs9 to go online, error: IvAp cannot load the Fsuipc.. make sure you have fsuicp installed!) brrr.

Sorry, but this must surely be a different problem. How can running in Windowed mode cause a different problem in IVAP? And what does IVAP mean by "cannot load the Fsuipc"? That really doesn't mean anything to me.

I will not boar you with things I tried, but in the end:

I uninstalled/deleted your fsuicp and let IvAp install his own build-in fsuipc- guess what.. it worked!

So much for my paid for Fsuipc- dont get me wrong, its not the money but I like to find out what the problem is..

You aren't explaining things. There is NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between a version installed by IVAP and a correct version downloaded from anywhere I supply FSUIPC to. They are the SAME! If you mean you deleted the KEY file, and so rendered your copy of FSUIPC (wherever it came from) unregistered, and that appeared to "fix" things, then the problem lies with your registration!

The registration will cause problems with add-on applications in one of the following circumstances:

1. The key looks illegal (pirated). Unfortunately registrations in 2010 look this way if used with versions before 3.957.

2. The PC's date is set to one BEFORE the date of the Registration key.

3. The signature check on the FSUIPC.DLL file fails. The documentation tells you how to check that.

Regards

Pete

dear Peter,

Thank you very much for swift reply, you seem to allways work, even on sundays!

I must apologize for misinterpretation or not clearly explaning my part.

You are right, there is no difference between versions of fsuipc, by installing from iVap included version 3.93 is the way I found out.

I have now installed the purchased version and works fine. reg ok. /can enter only in full screen mode. otherwise: black screen.!

So conlusion of all this trouble, as you said: Bug /driver problem in "Full screen" mode fs9 .. no solution !

Remains question: Why does it smoothly work in FSX..Full screen mode. ??

If you allow me to suggest: Could you make a notification or so on the forum addressing this problem, so others would save a lot of time in finding out.

I cant believe I,m the only one having this problem.

Thank you for your time,

kind regards,

Willem Jonkers

I have now installed the purchased version and works fine. reg ok. /can enter only in full screen mode. otherwise: black screen.!

sorry, I thought it was the other way around, that you get the black screen in full screen mode but not Windowed? I've never heard of anyone having such a problem in Windowed mode but not full screen.

Remains question: Why does it smoothly work in FSX..Full screen mode. ??

sorry, I don't understand that question. What works smoothly and what not?

If you allow me to suggest: Could you make a notification or so on the forum addressing this problem, so others would save a lot of time in finding out.

I cant believe I,m the only one having this problem.

This is the forum, and in any case it appears we are not even clear on what the symptoms of this problem are. This second message from you seems to be almost the direct opposite of the first. Can you clarify at all?

Regards

Pete

Peter,

So sorry, Of course it was the other way around: ..can only enter fsuipc in "windowed mode" fs9.. otherwise.. black screen..!

I can only run fs9 - Ivpa- fsuipc in "windowed mode" to work properly.

Should readback my posts before sending.. stupid me! pls forgive me.

I probebly dont have much credit from you anymore.. brr

regarding question FSX: Why does this problem NOT occur in FSX ? i.o.w.: I can enter fsuipc in "full screen mode" FSX"smootly!

FSX runs without any problem..!

kind regards,

Willem Jonkers

I can only run fs9 - Ivpa- fsuipc in "windowed mode" to work properly.

Why is that? You only ever need to go into FSUIPC's options to change them. Surely once you have FSUIPC set up the way you need it, you never have to use the options again, so you can fly in whatever mode you wish?

I probebly dont have much credit from you anymore.. brr

Sorry, what is that supposed to mean?

regarding question FSX: Why does this problem NOT occur in FSX ? i.o.w.: I can enter fsuipc in "full screen mode" FSX"smootly!

FSX runs without any problem..!

FSX is a different program, with different graphics, and different options. FSX has its own share of problems and they aren't all the same as those in FS9 or any other version of FS.

The black screen problems which sometimes occur in FS9 can also occur in FSX, just differently. None of them are at all related to FSUIPC. The most common one in FSX is a completely black screen when swapping between full and windowed mode, or restoring from minimized. I know for sure that last one afflicts a lot of users. FSUIPC isn't drawing the dialogue when you select the option, it is done by Windows using the normal GDI graphics facilities. I suspect the full screen problem is due to some conflict between the video driver supplied library files (DLLs) and the main application graphics support in Windows.

It is entirely possible that some such problems are derived from messy video driver updates, where previous drivers haven't been cleared out thoroughly before introducing new ones. I'd recommend not only uninstalling previous versions before installing new ones, by also re-booting in safe mode (without video drivers other than basic VGA support) and using one of the driver cleaners to clean the remains of old drivers before re-booting and installing the new ones.

I don't think you need to do this every time, for minor updates, but it would be the first thing I did if i had troublesome conflicts such as those you are seeing.

Regards

Pete