The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 and FSX FSUIPC?

Hello all,

I was just wondering if it were possible to run both registered versions of the FSUIPC.dll? I normally only use FSX and have a registered version of it as well as widefs, but recently also installed FS9 and was going to register it as well, but from another forum was told that you can only have one or the other FSUIPC.dll's on one machine?

I'm sure this has had to have been asked but if it has the advanced search isn't giving me any results from my various inquiries.

Thanks,

Dan

I was just wondering if it were possible to run both registered versions of the FSUIPC.dll? I normally only use FSX and have a registered version of it as well as widefs, but recently also installed FS9 and was going to register it as well, but from another forum was told that you can only have one or the other FSUIPC.dll's on one machine?

Well I don't know why anyone would say such nonsense. You can have an FSUIPC installed in all and every copy of FS you might have installed. I have FS2000, FS2002, FS9, FSX and ESP installed on my test system, with FSUIPC3 installed in FS9 and earlier and FSUIPC4 installed in FSX and ESP. Since it is merely a Module placed in the folders within FS's own folder system, and since it only runs when FS is running, why would there ever be any problem?

I'm sure this has had to have been asked but if it has the advanced search isn't giving me any results from my various inquiries.

I've never seen it asked, and I cannot imagine why it would be. It's a bit like the question "can I have FS9 and FSX or do I have to uninstall one first" -- it isn't asked presumably because the answer is pretty obvious.

What may not be so obvious is that you can't run two copies or two versions of FS on the same PC at the same time. And, for WideFS users, the client installations, where you run your WideClient, can be completely unchanged no matter which version of FS and WideServer is running on the FS PC. The Server changes (the FSX/ESP one is built into FSUIPC4 rather than being a separate DL), but the client does not.

Oh, and of course the Keys for FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 are not the same as the FSUIPC3 and WideFS6 keys and need to be purchased separately.

Regards

Pete

Well first of all, thanks again for your time.

But once again, I really don't know why someone takes the time to answer a question but then goes out of their way to be rude in the way they do it.

I've never seen it asked, and I cannot imagine why it would be. It's a bit like the question "can I have FS9 and FSX or do I have to uninstall one first" -- it isn't asked presumably because the answer is pretty obvious.

Obviosly not there Pete, or I wouldn't have asked the question now would I?

As I stated I was about to buy it but thought otherwise because someone who's opinion I normally value quite highly in the PMDG forums said you can't.

as for the part of that quote that mentions FS9 & FSX on the same rig, I have seen that asked COUNTLESS times, so once again, obviously not obvious to some!

Why people take time to help to then just be insulting goes beyond my understanding. There are two forum moderators that over use the word "Obvious", and from an old time support tech, is a very insulting word.

As for buying it, I think I just changed my mind.

Good day,

Dan

... oes out of their way to be rude in the way they do it.

I'm sorry, but there was nothing rude intended at all. I was only genuinely trying to explain why you have probably never seen the question asked or answered here before, not in the 10+ years of FSUIPC. Why do you think I'm being rude when I'm merely trying to explain things?

as for the part of that quote that mentions FS9 & FSX on the same rig, I have seen that asked COUNTLESS times, so once again, obviously not obvious to some!

Odd that no one has asked it in the place they'd be sure of an answer, even if it is one they apparently don't like, as you appear to.

As for buying it, I think I just changed my mind.

Okay. Perhaps that's better for me too if you react so when answered straight and level. I don't understand folks who just don't like the truth.

Pete