The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 Not starting stating that duplicate FSUIPC's installed!

Hello Pete, along time since I had need to make contact. A Happy New year to You!

On starting up FS9 I get the flash screen and then a box with a yellow triangle.

FSUIPC PROBLEM!

There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed!

Please remove older copies!

Never simply rename modules,

move them OUT of the Modules!

There are no duplicates in the Modules folder and the one that is in there I moved out and FS9 does not even start up the flash screen shows itself for a few seconds and then disappears!

Can you guide me how to overcome this problem? I have version 3.916

Kind regards,

Martin

On starting up FS9 I get the flash screen and then a box with a yellow triangle.

There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed!

There are no duplicates in the Modules folder

As stated in the documentation, this can also happen if you have an FSUIPC.DLL file in the main FS9 folder. Check there too. Also you must never just rename FSUIPC and leave copies in either place. They will still load as FSUIPC is they look like DLLs to FS's loader.

The only other possibility is that your previous FS session did not actually terminate fully. The window and all other signs might have disappeared, but some threads in some parts of FS or your add-ons are still running, and FSUIPC.DLL is being kept alive in memory because of that.

To check for such things look in the Process list in Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del). If there's still an FS9 process then, terminate it forcefully.

... and the one that is in there I moved out and FS9 does not even start up the flash screen shows itself for a few seconds and then disappears!

Removing FSUIPC.DLL from the Modules folder merely stops FSUIPC.DLL from loading. It cannot cripple or stop FS. It sounds like you may have deleted some vital part of FS instead. For example, the module called FSUI.DLL is the Flight sim User Interface. It certainly won't run without that!

Can you guide me how to overcome this problem? I have version 3.916

3.916 is very much out of date. The current version is 3.96 and is now the only one supported. Before that 3.93 was current for six months. Please do check the Announcements in this Forum before posting requests for help on old versions.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your quick response.

After posting my message last night and commenced to close down the computer, there was a box with the message that there was a copy of FS9 running in the background, or words to that effect. Upon launching FS9 this morning it worked :oops: Yes, that copy of FS9 running in the backgroud was the cause, because I would not usually go in to the Module folder, other that bevause of the previous message about duplicates.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the updated version, I will attend to this, too!

Again, thanks for your understand and assistance

Regards,

Martin