The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight modules and FSUIPC Compound buttons

Hi Pete,

I have recently bought the complete airliner configuration of GF wich contains 2 RP48 with rotary 4 buttons each. I use the rotary for altimeter selection, Decision height and to move some rotaries on the panel of the Level D B767. Everything works perfect, but:

I tried to assign several press on the same rotary button. That works well on my Saiteck joystick or my Thrustmaster Cougar or for the transponder.

25=P175,18,K74,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

26=P175,18,K192,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

27=P175,18,K186,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

28=P175,18,K192,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

29=P175,18,Cx01007B91,x00 ; Transponder TCAS plus (IVAP)

30=P175,17,K48,9 ; Transponder TCAS moins

31=P175,17,K219,10 ; Transponder TCAS moins

32=P175,17,K48,9 ; Transponder TCAS moins

33=P175,17,K219,10 ; Transponder TCAS moins

All that turns right and left the transponder and TCAS and works very well (with a macro on the pedestal selector). I have made also Compound Button on My joystick for my TrackIR, and it works OK.

Now I wanted to activate the Both Demand Electric pumps together from OFF to AUTO and ON with one other rotary, and it gives me only an activation on the first action. I have the same problem on pushbuttons. It takes only the first action.

Have you an idea of what i am doing wrong , or is it related to the GF modules ?

I tried to assign several press on the same rotary button. That works well on my Saiteck joystick or my Thrustmaster Cougar or for the transponder.

25=P175,18,K74,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

26=P175,18,K192,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

27=P175,18,K186,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

28=P175,18,K192,9 ; Transponder TCAS plus

29=P175,18,Cx01007B91,x00 ; Transponder TCAS plus (IVAP)

30=P175,17,K48,9 ; Transponder TCAS moins

31=P175,17,K219,10 ; Transponder TCAS moins

32=P175,17,K48,9 ; Transponder TCAS moins

33=P175,17,K219,10 ; Transponder TCAS moins

All that turns right and left the transponder and TCAS and works very well

Sorry, I don't understand. The above Button assignments would make all 5 or 4 actions occur each time the button or rotary signalled "off" to "on". Is that what you intended, 4 or 5 keypresses each time?

Are you forced to use Keypresses with your chosen aircraft panel? Generally it is far better (more reliable, more efficient) to use the FS controls instead. Most FS keypresses are translated into controls in any case. If you enable FSUIPC's Event logging and check the log you will see which keypresses generate which controls, and then you can assign them directly.

Now I wanted to activate the Both Demand Electric pumps together from OFF to AUTO and ON with one other rotary, and it gives me only an activation on the first action. I have the same problem on pushbuttons. It takes only the first action.

Sorry, I don't know the add-on aircraft you are dealing with, and you've not shown any examples of what you are programming. Are these pump switches operated by keyboard? Do they work as you wish FROM the keyboard? I'm npot sure what you mean by "only on the first action". Can you explain that?

Have you an idea of what i am doing wrong , or is it related to the GF modules ?

I can't see how anything can be wrong with the GF modules. They normally either work or don't. But you haven't really given me enough information to understand your problem, let alone help solve it.

Have you thought of using the Logging facilities in FSUIPC to help you see what is going on? You can log Buttons and Keys as well as FS Events. If you are using FSX you can even display the log in real time, with the "console log" option enabled, and FSX running in Windowed mode.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete,

For the transponder part, there are no controls in FSX to put the transponder in Auto, then in ON position, and it is also the case for the TCAS to put it in TA then in TA/RA. That is why i have made a macro with the 2 rotary buttons on the pedestal to put Transponder and TCAS together on Charlie and TA/RA. As said it works ok, and each press put the four controls to act fast at the same time. Yes it could be more simple....

Normally in FSUIPC.ini, when you insert 2 lines referring to the same button on the GF module, but having two different actions which are key controlled (they work when pressing the key sequence on the keyboard), you should get both actions following each other very rapidly (as i have in the transponder), but I do get only the first action done, the second is ignored.

As you suggest, i will turn on the log, and I will come back to you with clearer info. Sorry for that...

For the transponder part, there are no controls in FSX to put the transponder in Auto, then in ON position, and it is also the case for the TCAS to put it in TA then in TA/RA.

Right, because FS doesn't simulate transponder modes. normally the only reason to want to connect buttons or switches up for those is to drive on-line ATC functions, like your 7B91 offset access.

That is why i have made a macro with the 2 rotary buttons on the pedestal to put Transponder and TCAS together on Charlie and TA/RA. As said it works ok, and each press put the four controls to act fast at the same time.

Okay, as long as the intention was for all the keypresses to act on the one button/switch change. It was only that part I didn't understand. Seems the cockpit needs multiple keypresses to select the Transponder settings you want.

Normally in FSUIPC.ini, when you insert 2 lines referring to the same button on the GF module, but having two different actions which are key controlled (they work when pressing the key sequence on the keyboard), you should get both actions following each other very rapidly (as i have in the transponder), but I do get only the first action done, the second is ignored.

Well, I think it must be getting ignored by whatever it is receiving the keypresses? Perhaps they don't like a second selection so fast after the first? Anyway, the log should show what is going on, if you select the options I mentioned.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have finally found a solution to my problem. I have made macros to obtain the multiple actions with one press of a button.

For example, I assigned the four window heat switches to one button, using the same macro command for each of the four switches. The action on the button makes the four switches act immediatly.

Now my problem is: is it possible to have GFDisplay work with macro command ?

On the LevelD, the key command fot the battery is SHIFT+ = In GFDisplay.ini, I have

[GFT8.2]

L0=X3102 U8 ; Battery Master

The LED lights permanently with the switch Off or On. What am I doing wrong ?

I am as young as you...but was never a programmer in my life (Electrotechnician....)

Now my problem is: is it possible to have GFDisplay work with macro command ?

Sorry, I don't understand. GFdisplay operates by offset values. If your macros affect offsets, the answer is yes. If not, then no.

On the LevelD, the key command fot the battery is SHIFT+ = In GFDisplay.ini, I have

[GFT8.2]

L0=X3102 U8 ; Battery Master

The LED lights permanently with the switch Off or On. What am I doing wrong ?

Does the LevelD use the default Battery Master switch? Monitor offset 3102. If that doesn't change, how can the offset? Test with a defalut aircraft (ALWAYS test with a default aircraft).

Incidentally, instead of GFDisplay for GoFlight display control I've shifted emphasis to Lua plug-in control. Much more flexible and (I think) easier to understand. There's a complete library of functions "gfd" for programming GoFlight stuff. And you can certainly call Lua plug-ins from Macros (and vice versa).

Regards

Pete

Thank you for the advice Pete.

The Battery in LevelD is not the same key as for standard Airplanes. I have understood that I will not get my LED work this way.

I will study the lua plug-in for Goflight and see what I can do for my macros.

Thank you very much

The Battery in LevelD is not the same key as for standard Airplanes.

Ideally your LED should reflect the state of the LevelD battery switch, not your GF switch. I'm sure there's an interface for the LevelD aircraft produced by one Niko Kaan (http://www.lekseecon.nl ). He uses the details supplied by LevelD in their SDK. Can you not find the correct offset from that, or even use Nico's driver?

I will study the lua plug-in for Goflight and see what I can do for my macros.

Well, if you know the LevelD offset it would obviously be rather easier simply to change your GFDisplay parameters.

Regards

Pete