The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC external Switch assignment - v 3.96

Hi Pete,

iam trying to get my hardware overhead runnign with FSUIPC.

I have connected a Joystick card to the pc and on this card are the switches connected.

In FSUIPC i opened the Buttons and Switches page, pressed one switch and enabled FS control.

From the dropdown menue i have selected "Offset Byte set" to the Offset number 66FE with Parameter x01 when its pressed.

When its released set to Offset Byte set number 66FE Parameter 0.

When i look in SIOC (OPencockptis config tool) i can see that the Offset number 66FE is set to 1, but the following number 66FD is set to 256.

When i push then the next switch which is configured to set 0 and 1 at parameter 66FD the following happens (see screenshot 2).

Do you have any idea what i have done wrong?

Thanks

Markus

post-4673-128689709146_thumb.jpg

post-4673-128689709154_thumb.jpg

When i look in SIOC (OPencockptis config tool) i can see that the Offset number 66FE is set to 1, but the following number 66FD is set to 256.

66FD is the byte BEFORE 66FE. A byte is 8 bits only and cannot contain a number as big as 256. The value 256 in a 16 bit word is a 1 in its high byte. Therefore is looks like the program you are using refers to WORDS (16 bit values, 2 Bytes long) not BYTES, whilst you are using a BYTE size FSUIPC control.

Ah, I see you figured it out.

Pete