The simFlight Network Forums

lost fsuipc

Ive been using fsuipc for ages, i have registered versions of fsuipc and widefs

Im running fsx sp2 accel

im running w7 64 and the program was working perfectly until a day ago at which point it disappeared

I have downloaded the most recent fsuipc 4 becuase for some reason fsuipc has disappeared from my tool bar

I try to reinstall but it gives me some error about msinternet explorer perhpas blocking the signature

Firstly where did the program go. I can see fsuipc in the modules folder. I look in the fsuipc.ini file and i can see my name , lic etc.

Ive never had a problem but something has gone wrong and i cant reinstall.

Thoughts?

This is the version im trying to reinstall version 4.57

peter

im running w7 64 and the program was working perfectly until a day ago at which point it disappeared

By "disappeared" do you mean the FSUIPC entry in the Add-Ons menu is no longer present? If so, can you look in the FSX Modules folder and see if there's an FSUIPC4 Log file with the date and time of the most recent FSX session you've had?

If there's no FSUIPC entry in the Add-Ons menu, but it is creating a Log file, then it is most likely a SimConnect problem. Show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file.

If there's no log being produced either then FSUIPC4 is not getting loaded in the first place. The most likely cause of that is that your DLL.XML file has been corrupted, probably by something else you tried to Install. If this is the case it might be repaired by running the FSUIPC4 Installer again. If that doesn't help then you can try one of two things:

1) delete the DLL.XML file and re-install FSUIPC4 again. This may mean other add-ons with DLLs will not load, so you might need to do futher re-installs, or

2) show me the DLL.XML file here and I'll try to repair it for you. You will find it in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. If you don'yt know where that is, show me your FSUIPC4 Install Log (in the FSX Modules folder) and I'll point it out to you. The DLL.XML file can be read into Notepad and pasted as text into a message here.

I have downloaded the most recent fsuipc 4 becuase for some reason fsuipc has disappeared from my tool bar

I try to reinstall but it gives me some error about msinternet explorer perhpas blocking the signature

Sorry, "latest" is not very meaningful as it depends where you download from. Please ALWAYS quote version numbers! (Ah, I see you did, later on: 4.57).

If there's any sort of problem on the Install I need to see the Install log file, which you should find in the FSX Modules folder. As described in the Installation document, if it doesn't get as far as creating and storing these things into the FSX Modules folder, you can always use the "File" menu on the displayed log Window to save the Install log where you want.

When you report error messages you need to be more specific and accurate, please. There's no message I am aware of containing the words you mention you were "given". When you get error messages please find a pencil and paper and write them down.

Regards

Pete

Peter

Thank you for the prompt reply

I am off to work so I will have to send you the requested info later today however I can tell give you a bit more info

Firstly,

Yes the entry in the tool bar is missing. I looked at the dll.xml file and the entry is somehow missing. I must have installed something recently that messed that up.

Secondly , I deleted every instance of fsuipc on the computer . ( perhaps silly of me!) but before i did that i reviewed the log of fsuipc and my information was present but i did not check the last access date.

Thirdly , When i reinstalled fsuipc,everything seemed to be going well but the installer would try to go to my c: drive and not my fsx installation which lives on my d: drive.

I could not determine how to point the program to my d: drive. The installation script gives errors that is cant find fsx in the c:\fsx.......

Your product has always been so well designed that ive never had any of these issues on installation before. Is there some simple way for me to tell the program where my fsx installation is living.

Thanks you again and i will send you my info later

Have a good day

Peter

pkofman@rogers.com

I looked at the dll.xml file and the entry is somehow missing. I must have installed something recently that messed that up.

Okay, but simply running the FSUIPC installer should easily fix that by re-adding the correct entry.

Secondly , I deleted every instance of fsuipc on the computer .

There's only the one, in the FSX Modules folder. None other matter.

Thirdly , When i reinstalled fsuipc,everything seemed to be going well but the installer would try to go to my c: drive and not my fsx installation which lives on my d: drive.

For the FSX installation? The Installer gets the correct FSX path from the Registry. If the Registry is pointing to the wrong place it sounds like you bodily moved FSX without uninstalling and re-installing. That will mess a lot of things up. If you've not done that then somehow your Registry is corrupted.

If you mean it goes to the C: drive for FSX.CFG and the DLL.XML file, then this is perfectly cporrect if the C: drive is your Windows drive, as that contains all your settings.

I could not determine how to point the program to my d: drive. The installation script gives errors that is cant find fsx in the c:\fsx.......

I really do need to see the Install log. The very reason it produces an Install log is so that such matters can be resolved quickly and efficiently. There is no point in speculating over what the problem might be when it is probably obviously set out in black and white!

Is there some simple way for me to tell the program where my fsx installation is living.

If is cannot find FSX.EXE it provides an Explorer-type dialogue for you to find it and select it. If it is not doing that then you are not reporting the actual problem correctly. It is more likely that it cannot find your FSX.CFG file, which should be on the Windows drive.

In any case, if the FSX installation cannot be found through the correct registry entries for it, then you will have many more problems from other add-on installers. You would really need to get that fixed. The FSUIPC installer can fix it for you if you find the FSX.EXE via the dialogue.

In your original message in this thread you were talking about some message regarding internet explorer and signatures. What happened to that error, the one I didn't recognise? Why is it different now?

Regards

Pete

peter

Your last line suggests that the error in the message i was receiving the initial message "explorer " changed. It has not. I was just trying to give you some more info,.

I will send whatever i can find later today

Best to you

peter

HI peter

Here is the exact fsuipc install error.

the program refuses to instal;

Quote,

FSUIPC Installer for FSX and ESP

" problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.dll. Please check that I am not listed as n Untrusted publisher in Internet explorer ( internet explorer options-content- publishers )

End quote.

Note i checked IE and you are not listed anywhere, Secondly IE is not the default browser.

Hope this helps

FSUIPC still will not install

Here is the exact fsuipc install error.

the program refuses to instal;

Thank you. But why won't you show me the Install log? All the information needed to resolve an install problem is logged. This is why it is produced and why I asked for it. I don't understand your problem in showing it to me! It is self-defeating!

" problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.dll. Please check that I am not listed as n Untrusted publisher in Internet explorer ( internet explorer options-content- publishers )

Okay. This means that FSUIPC is installed, but that the copy which is installed fails the signature check which guarantees its validity. Additionally, without a valid signature FSX will refuse to load it, giving an error too.

As described in the Installation guide you can check this yourself -- right-click on it, select Properties and Digital Signature. select the signature and click on Details. It should say whether the signature is okay or not. If not it won't work in FS, and this is why the Installer tells you about it.

BTW you told me the error had not changed, yet your last report said this:

When i reinstalled fsuipc,everything seemed to be going well but the installer would try to go to my c: drive and not my fsx installation which lives on my d: drive.

I could not determine how to point the program to my d: drive. The installation script gives errors that is cant find fsx in the c:\fsx..

Remember? What happened to that? You keep alternating between two completely different things.

The install log, which you obviously found, would help immensely, but you continue to withhold it. :-(

Note i checked IE and you are not listed anywhere

Tell me exactly where you looked please. And what name did you look for? FSUIPC's signature is in simFlight's name these days, not mine (the authorities won't issue certificates to individuals), exactly as documented if you'd care to look at any of the supplied documentation.

Secondly IE is not the default browser.

That is utterly irrelevant. It isn't the browser aspects of IE that matters, it is only that it is the only way MS provided of easily managing lists of trusted and untrusted publishers.

Hope this helps

No, because you withhold the information requested.

FSUIPC still will not install

Actually, it sounds like it is installed, but cannot load because of the signature. And I don't understand how you'd expect things to magically change -- without fixing the problem, how would it?

Pete

Hey Pete

No malicous intent on my part here, sorry.

I was just looking for assistance.

Im not trying to withold anything!.

Peter

Peter Kofman P.Eng

http://www.projectcore.com

pkofman@rogers.com

Install log , would not allow the file to be uploaded,

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.57

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Local Settings\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\My Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\NetHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\PrintHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Start Menu\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Templates\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Tracing\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\pk.pk-PC\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL signature failed: trying GlobalSign Root fix ...

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092026)

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration check for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

No malicous intent on my part here, sorry.

I was just looking for assistance.

I know, but I asked to see the file which you had obviously referred to, yet it didn't appear.

The log shows that your FSX installation is indeed on the D: drive, and that's where the installation was performed, and it shows, correctly, that the reference to the C: drive was in order to install the correct parameters into the DLL.XML so that simconnect would load FSUIPC4.

There's no sign at all of any inability to find FSX.EXE nor FSX.CFG, so I really don't understand where you got this from:

When i reinstalled fsuipc,everything seemed to be going well but the installer would try to go to my c: drive and not my fsx installation which lives on my d: drive.

I could not determine how to point the program to my d: drive. The installation script gives errors that is cant find fsx in the c:\fsx

Additionally, it looks like this is an Install log for the first, or only, time you ran the Installer for version 4.57, as the previous version was clearly still there, namely 4.20, as shown here:

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

Yet you said you tried to install again, at least once more. If so, then the Install log would show 4.57 installed. So, are you not showing me the latest Install log, but one you saved from days ago?

Anyway, the crux of the matter now is this:

FSUIPC4.DLL signature failed: trying GlobalSign Root fix ...

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092026)

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

I searched for the error 80092026 using Google and found that it means

The cryptographic operation failed due to a local security option setting

I suspect that if you did as my documentation beckons you to do under such circumstances, and checked the signature on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL manually via its Properties you'd find this out yourself quite quickly.

Now I've never come across this error before and so I don't know what setting you have which could cause it. I know that if you stop some of the cryptographic Services running then you will get a failure similar to this, but I don't think it is this one. The report I found on Google did suggest one solution. Check

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/windows/wiion-failed

In summary:

... to resolve the issue check for "safer" key in registry and delete it. i.e. as follows:

Start/Run

Type "regedit" and press Enter.

Find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\TrustedPublisher

Under "TrustedPublisher" look for "Safer" key.

Delete the "Safer" key if it is there.

I think something you or a program has done has made a Security change to your installation, including anything with a new Certificate (version 4.20 was using a Certificate in my name, which expired. Since version 4.50 the Certificate changed to SimFlight).

Regards

Pete