The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crashes during startup due to FSUIPC 4.573

Hi Pete,

I seem to have fixed this error myself, but am not too sure what triggered it (although I have my suspicions).

1. The FSX drive was full and had only 700Kb of free disk space :oops: . I can imagine that the logging of FSUIPC or it's own internal mechanism triggerd an error -> disk full or something like that.

2. I had Ultimate Traffix X installed too (which accounted for the full hard drive), but even after de-installing it, this error reappered..until I deleted the appropriate area out of the scenery.cfg. Then the error didn't return anymore.

Point of this message is at least let you and the members know that such a message can occur and maybe why it did occur in the first place. I'm sure it has noting to do with FSUIPC.

Regards,

post-36159-128689709494_thumb.png

I seem to have fixed this error myself, but am not too sure what triggered it (although I have my suspicions).

1. The FSX drive was full and had only 700Kb of free disk space :oops: . I can imagine that the logging of FSUIPC or it's own internal mechanism triggerd an error -> disk full or something like that.

I don't think sowhen you attempt to write a file to a full disk the error is returned to the program. Because I log errors I cannot afford to log an error in the logging (infinite loop!), so logging errors are ignored.

2. I had Ultimate Traffix X installed too (which accounted for the full hard drive), but even after de-installing it, this error reappered..until I deleted the appropriate area out of the scenery.cfg. Then the error didn't return anymore.

That's rather intriguing. How did you determine the "appropriate" area of scenery? Could you tell me more -- which scenery was it? Could it possibly have been one with "active scenery" operations in it, perhaps serviced by "Actigate.dll" or similar?

Point of this message is at least let you and the members know that such a message can occur and maybe why it did occur in the first place. I'm sure it has noting to do with FSUIPC.

Thank you for the information, and any more you can provide.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Well..as to Ultimate Traffic X...it was just that it was the latstest thing I installed on my rig...and it was also responsible for my full harddrive. After de-installation I reagined about 8-9GB.

And after starting FSX up, it was complaining about a missing scenery; area169 (which corresponded with Ultimate Traffix X. I just deleted that entry out of the scenery.cfg.UltTrafficX is AI as you probably know, So possibly it did indeed have a actigate.dll...I'm not sure.

And after starting FSX up, it was complaining about a missing scenery; area169 (which corresponded with Ultimate Traffix X. I just deleted that entry out of the scenery.cfg.UltTrafficX is AI as you probably know, So possibly it did indeed have a actigate.dll...I'm not sure.

Hmm. No, I didn't know UTX had its own scenery entry. Most AI programs put their traffic BGLs in the same folder as FSX, the Scenery\World one.

I've always been a MyTrafficX user on FSX till recently. Now I use UT2 + MytrafficX, with the latter filling in the flights UT2 doesn't provide. UT2 injects the AI Traffic via SimConnect, it doesn't use BGLs so there's no Scenery layer for it at all.

It seems very odd that a scenery area which FSX wasn't loading in any case (because it says it's missing) can cause a subsequent error in any part of FSX, let alone FSUIPC4. Hmmm.

Regards

Pete