The simFlight Network Forums

Key for offline flight sim computer

OK, how do I go about getting a key for FSUIPC4 that's on my flight sim computer that is NOT ONLINE?

The only Internet I have is via my built in air card on my laptop. Can I transfer a download to a USB drive and then transfer it to my flight sim tower?

I'm told this is THE program to get for interaction help between add-ons and FSX, but if I can't get the key installed to my offline machine, why waste the money? Trying to get 737 Pilot in Command flight computer to work...gives me NAV DATABASE OUT OF DATE and UNABLE TO IMPORT PLAN messages.

No lectures please about needing to be online....it is what it is...we are not all rich and famous with insta-connect on everything. If it is not possible, so be it, just wanted to know.

Advice requested before takeoff, please!

OK, how do I go about getting a key for FSUIPC4 that's on my flight sim computer that is NOT ONLINE?

It doesn't matter where you have FSUIPC4 nor on how many PCs. When you buy your Registration Key, that's what you get -- a Key. You enter it into the Installer along with your other details. Please do read the Installation and registration documentation which comes with the FSUIPC Zip! FSUIPC has NEVER required you to be on-line, and in fact it has no internet connection built into it at all!

No lectures please about needing to be online....it is what it is...we are not all rich and famous with insta-connect on everything. If it is not possible, so be it, just wanted to know.

I think you ought to download the file and read something about it first without making such daft assumptions which i find rather offensive. In any case you should always check things out in any case BEFORE paying for anything. You can do that quite easily. Download the file, read the Installation guide, install it on whichever machines you wish. Read the documentation. Only then decide if you want to buy a Key. Don't waste your money if you don't need to buy it!

:roll:

Pete