The simFlight Network Forums

Wideclient-Wideserver

Hello,

First of all, as it is my first post here I'd like to thanks Peter because of his wonderful job.

Now to work, I'm building up an A320 mockup cockpit, currently flying with A320PSS, two PC's, 6 monitors, WIDEview and it's within this program I have a question related to one of yours, I want to have the FMC and the Overhead on the client PC but it doesn't give the data to the host.

They told me to use wideclient and wideserver to fix this, and I founded out today, this one's are yours right?. If so how can I have them, because I haven't been able to do so.

Best Regards, Roderick Woolvett

I'm building up an A320 mockup cockpit, currently flying with A320PSS, two PC's, 6 monitors, WIDEview and it's within this program I have a question related to one of yours, I want to have the FMC and the Overhead on the client PC but it doesn't give the data to the host.

This is the FMC and the Overhead of PSS's A320? Can it be split across more than one PC? I understood it to be an integrated peice of software, I would very much doubt that you can do that. In any case, it is a question for PSS I think.

They told me to use wideclient and wideserver to fix this, and I founded out today, this one's are yours right?. If so how can I have them, because I haven't been able to do so.

I don't know who told you to use WideFS for this. As it says quite clearly (in big letters possibly), wideFS is for external applications for FS, It extends the FSUIPC interface to client PCs which are NOT running FS at all.

The PSS A320 will be an add-in aircraft for FS. none of it will run without FS, and it will all need to run together in one copy of FS.

I think you need to investigate Project Magenta or something similar.

Regards,

Pete