The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient, Keysend and TeamSpeak 3

Hi,

I have been trying to get Push-To-Talk in TeamSpeak 3 to work using WideClient and the Keysend commands. I followed the instructions in the technichal docs, which I realize are for TeamSpeak 2, and they do work in TeamSpeak 2, as well as other programs, but not with TeamSpeak 3, it simply doesn't recognize the key press. I'm here hoping that someone has been able to get it to work with TeamSpeak 3 and can share how they managed to do that, or at least give me some pointers as to what I should try? I'm using TeamSpeak 3 beta12, the latest beta version.

Best regards,

Klas Björkqvist

I followed the instructions in the technichal docs, which I realize are for TeamSpeak 2, and they do work in TeamSpeak 2, as well as other programs, but not with TeamSpeak 3, it simply doesn't recognize the key press. I'm here hoping that someone has been able to get it to work with TeamSpeak 3 and can share how they managed to do that, or at least give me some pointers as to what I should try? I'm using TeamSpeak 3 beta12, the latest beta version.

If it is in Beta I assume there's a support address or forum? Wouldn't the developers be the best folks to help? They must realise that their program is used is such ways?

Regards

Pete

If it is in Beta I assume there's a support address or forum? Wouldn't the developers be the best folks to help? They must realise that their program is used is such ways?

Hi Pete,

Yes, their forums might have been a better place to ask, though I don't think many of their users use this kind of setup. I posted here in the hope that someone had been able to find a solution working with FSUIPC. However, now I might be able to help someone else who has this problem, since I found a solution :D

First of all, maybe I should have mentioned up top that I have Windows 7 x64. Today I got it working by running WideClient as an administrator. This was actually the first thing I tried when started trying to get it all to work, but I think I put the UseSendInput line in the wrong part of the config file when I began, and didn't try running it as administrator after I corrected that.

I hope this can help someone else.

Best regards,

Klas

Today I got it working by running WideClient as an administrator. This was actually the first thing I tried when started trying to get it all to work, but I think I put the UseSendInput line in the wrong part of the config file when I began, and didn't try running it as administrator after I corrected that.

I hope this can help someone else.

Thank you.

Is this perhaps because you are running Teamspeak 3 "as administrator"? I expect Win7 refuses to pass SendInput data between programs of different privilege levels. The same applies to anything using the FSUIPC interface -- both FS (or wideclient) and the application need to be at the same privilege level.

Regards

Pete

Is this perhaps because you are running Teamspeak 3 "as administrator"? I expect Win7 refuses to pass SendInput data between programs of different privilege levels. The same applies to anything using the FSUIPC interface -- both FS (or wideclient) and the application need to be at the same privilege level.

I was thinking about the same thing, but TeamSpeak is not running as administrator, and I tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions of TeamSpeak, both had the same behavior. While I'm writing this though, I'm thinking it might have something to do with TeamSpeak being installed in the "C:\Program Files" folder, and WideClient living in my "C:\FlightSim" folder. I assume that might make the program run with different privilege levels, but then why did it work with TeamSpeak2, as well as other programs installed in the "Program Files" folder? I guess it might be a Windows mystery that no-one will ever figure out :lol:. I will experiment a bit, see if it will work without running WideClient as administrator (which I don't really mind, except in principle).

Edit: It appears my hunch was correct, I installed TeamSpeak3 in my "C:\FlightSim" folder, and now it works without running WideClient as administrator, with both the 64 and 32 bit versions of TeamSpeak3.

Best regards,

Klas

I was thinking about the same thing, but TeamSpeak is not running as administrator, and I tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions of TeamSpeak, both had the same behavior.

Hmm. Maybe it gains such prvileges somehow, else I really cannot understand why you'd need to elevate WideClient.

While I'm writing this though, I'm thinking it might have something to do with TeamSpeak being installed in the "C:\Program Files" folder, and WideClient living in my "C:\FlightSim" folder. I assume that might make the program run with different privilege levels

No, that doesn't happen. I know that for sure. But certainly it means that TeamSpeak's folders are read-only unless you have elevated privilege.

Edit: It appears my hunch was correct, I installed TeamSpeak3 in my "C:\FlightSim" folder, and now it works without running WideClient as administrator, with both the 64 and 32 bit versions of TeamSpeak3.

It is something to do with the read-only folder problem then. But why, I couldn't guess.

Regards

Pete