The simFlight Network Forums

FS Wide will not connect since Mytraffic 2010 installed.

I had everything working fine on my windows 7 system with FSX, FS wide and Flight Keeper and the most recent version of FSUIPC.

I run Flight keeper on a Windows XP laptop with FS wide.

Once I install Mytraffic 2010, FS wide will not connect. I have isolated the issue to the installation of MyTraffic 2010. If i do a system restore without MT 2010, I have no problem connecting with FS wide and flight keeper.

Is there a simple solution to my issue?

Bart

I had everything working fine on my windows 7 system with FSX, FS wide and Flight Keeper and the most recent version of FSUIPC.

Sorry, "most recent" only means "the most recent one I'm aware of". Folks have said that who were using a year old version. Always quote version numbers please. That's what they are for.

I run Flight keeper on a Windows XP laptop with FS wide.

I assume you mean WideFS?

Once I install Mytraffic 2010, FS wide will not connect. I have isolated the issue to the installation of MyTraffic 2010. If i do a system restore without MT 2010, I have no problem connecting with FS wide and flight keeper.

MyTraffic merely installs more AI aircraft models plus BGLs containing the routes. It cannot possibly affect WideFS operations. I use MyTrafficX which is the non-Aerosoft version of the same package.

What is the symptom? Is WideClient "waiting for connection", or is it simply that FlightKeeper isn't connecting.

More information is needed: FSUIPC4.LOG and WideServer.LOG files from the FSX Modules folder, WideClient.LOG from the WideClient folder on the client PC. And a fuller description of what you see happening.

Regards

Pete