The simFlight Network Forums

Missing FSUIPC Config file

Pete,

I recently deleted my config file for FS9.1 in an attempt to prevent some programs from "auto loading", after playing around with FSUIPCRun Options, hoping that this would stop it from occurring. Unfortunately, the programs continue to load, or attempt to load (like the ones that I have since uninstalled from my PC). To add to the situation, my version of FSUIPC (3.966) continues to function as set up, prior to removing the config file, despite my not being able to locate it anywhere on the PC. That is to say, my axis, button, etc assignments continue to present in the FSUIPC menu as I have programmed them despite there being NO config file anywhere. I can live with the programs trying to load, however I am now unable to manually edit any of the parameters in the config file because I have no idea where it can be. FYI, the OS is Vista 64bit.

Jim

I recently deleted my config file for FS9.1 in an attempt to prevent some programs from "auto loading", after playing around with FSUIPCRun Options, hoping that this would stop it from occurring.

If you mean the FSUIPC.INI file, then all you needed to do was to remove the lines in the [Programs] section which you had added.

Unfortunately, the programs continue to load, or attempt to load (like the ones that I have since uninstalled from my PC). To add to the situation, my version of FSUIPC (3.966) continues to function as set up, prior to removing the config file, despite my not being able to locate it anywhere on the PC. That is to say, my axis, button, etc assignments continue to present in the FSUIPC menu as I have programmed them despite there being NO config file anywhere.

That is not actually possible -- maybe you are looking for a CFG file instead of an INI file? FSUIPC doesn't use a CFG file. Furthermore, if you delete it it will simply make another one, and if you delete it whilst FS is running then the one it creates will be the same as the one you deleted. In other words you must delete it after closing FS.

I can live with the programs trying to load, however I am now unable to manually edit any of the parameters in the config file because I have no idea where it can be. FYI, the OS is Vista 64bit.

It is quite likely that you have allowed FS9 to be installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, which is generally protected from users. Because FS9 is not "Vista aware", and Vista knows it, the installation process actually gets FS9 installed into aliassed folders. The ones you think you see in Explorer are not those being used.

What you need to do to access those folders is to run Windows Explorer "as administrator". That is, find the explorer program, and right click on it as select "run as administrator". That will give it the elevated privileges it needs for you to see and access the real FS folders.

FSUIPC.INI is always in the real FS modules folder, along with FSUIPC.DLL itself and the LOG file it always creates. If you used the FSUIPC installer you will also see the FSUIPC documentation and of course all of the other FS Modules.

Regards

Pete