The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC add-ons crash: IYP, SIOC and FS9 togther

Hi there,

I'am using FSUIPC 3.96 with FS9 and PMDG 737-600 (900 addition installed), Opencockpits MCP v2 and some add-ons like RC4, AS6.5, FsXPand, FlightSimCommander(via WideFS) and last but not least: It'sYourPlane.

When IYP is running and specific commands issued like "take off/go around on" or "autobrakes to rto" the FS hangs, pause responding for 35 secs. and afterwards all add-ons addressing the FS via FSUIPC are crashed and have to be restarted. RC4 does not respond until the computer has been rebooted... All crash but the FS itself, It'sYourPlane application and Opencockpits MCP (addressing FS via default SIOC script).

Without IYP in place but SIOC running no error.

Without SIOC running but IYP in place no error as well.

Switching the regarding levers or switches manually via keystrokes or mouseclicks and all add-ons running same time: no error as well.

I've posted a similar request to IYP support forum as well, but no idea so far.

Please do not advise to issue support requests to opencockpits forum.;-)

Any direction how to troubleshoot is much appreciated.

For better understanding my computer setup in brief:

PC 1 (FS PC):

-------------

CPU: Core 2 Duo 3.16

RAM: 3GB

VGA: ATI4750 + Matrox TripleHead2Go

FSUIPC: 3.90

WideServer: 6.78

FS Ver.: FS9.1

Addons:

- PMDG 737 600-900

- RC4.384

- AS6.5

- FsXPand server 5.8

- It'sYourPlane Version 4.1.0.172

PC 2:

-----

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7400 2.16 GhZ

RAM: 3 GB

VGA: nVidia GeForce Go 7400

Addons:

- FsXpand Client 5.8 one panel running

- FlightsimCommander 8.6

- WideClient 6.78

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Without IYP in place but SIOC running no error.

Without SIOC running but IYP in place no error as well.

Switching the regarding levers or switches manually via keystrokes or mouseclicks and all add-ons running same time: no error as well.

So do you suppose, as I must from what you say, that this indicates some clash between SIOC/Opencockpits MCP, and the way IYP sends those commands? I'm not sure how that is causing FSUIPC to stop responding, but going on the assumption that the IYP commands are special for your PMDG aircraft (I think they issue mouse macros or similar, don't they?), then I would need more information to help track it down:

1. First see if you can make a complete list of the IYP commands which cause this trouble. You said:

specific commands issued like "take off/go around on" or "autobrakes to rto"

So, is it all commands which affect the cockpit switches? Or only specific ones? The autobrakes one shouldn't interect with the MCP at all as it is not related.

2. Update to the very latest FSUIPC3 version (3.971 is available in the Updates announcement). This is to ensure you have the same as I.

3. Then, before using a command you know will cause the problem, go into FSUIPC options and enable IPC write and Event logging (not axis events). Just the two checkboxes. Then cause the problem, and when it is obviously wrong, make a copy for me of the FSUIPC.LOG file. It would be best if you could do this with ONLY IYP and SIOC running -- none of the other FSUIPC applications, or it will get too complex to work out. Not even the WideFS connection.

4. ZIP the log and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Also, if there are any FSUIPC macro files (.mcro) in use for your PMDG aircraft, please include those in the ZIP.

I might then ask you to do more specific logging when I know more. First we have to narrow it down to a particular combination of actions inside FS.

Please do not advise to issue support requests to opencockpits forum.;-)

Well, you might need to ask for more information on what SIOC does. I've no idea at all.

Regards

Pete

Files have been sent.

Okay, but I'm afraid they don't help. Here's what I replied by email:

The SIOC stuff is no use to me. Sorry, I know zero about SIOC.

The FSUIPC log shows that FSUIPC was responding normally to commands from whatever was running right up to about 7 seconds before you stopped the test. Not only that but there is nothing specific from IYP. The only commands FSUIPC is seeing are:

Repeated "Gen1 off" and "Gen2 off" writes, presumably from PMDG. There are repeated every 60-120 mSecs along with writes to offsets 6296 and 62BD, which are assigned to PMDG, effectively proving that they are the source.

There are no other requests at all sent to FSUIPC during the course of this log.

The only other requests shown are

200274 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66070 (0x00010216), Param= 0 (0x00000000) YAW_DAMPER_OFF

200274 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66070 (0x00010216), Param= 0 (0x00000000) YAW_DAMPER_OFF

200274 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65958 (0x000101a6), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT

200274 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65958 (0x000101a6), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHT

200274 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66330 (0x0001031a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) DEC_COWL_FLAPS1

which are events detected by FSUIPC but not caused by it nor sent through it. These are on the same period as the FSUIPC writes above, so I think they are from PMDG too.

In summary, there is nothing in this log which shows any activity by SIOC or IYP. Are you sure you enabled logging in the right place?

- voice: set autobrakes to RTO: ERROR (hang, 35 secs. pause)

(- apparently a push back procedure is initiated, this might be kind of IYP bug)

The 35secs pause was in what, IYP, or FS froze for 35secs?

- voice: take off go around on: ERROR (hang, 35 secs. pause)

Again, what paused for 35secs?

BTW, Robert Cesar (IYP) says he never saw your post, and asks you to post again in the IYP forum.

Regards

Pete