The simFlight Network Forums

Time Zones

Pete,

How about a totally unrelated Lua question?

I live in Newfoundland, Canada, and as such, we have on odd time zone i.e. we are 3.5hrs behind UTC (15:00 NST(Newfoundland Standard Time) --> 18:30 UTC). I do alot of flying from my home airport of St. John's (CYYT). I have always been disappointed that the time zone is never detected correctly. I run my computer time on UTC, and use a program called Timekeeper (v1.9) to keep FS9.1 on the correct time. I am always 30 minutes ahead of the real time i.e. its 15:30 NST and FS gives 16:00. When I go to, for example, CYHZ (Halifax, NS), then the local time is correct. It's like FS detects the wrong time zone i.e. the full hour zone east of Halifax when in Newfoundland. Is there anyway to correct this that you are aware of?

Jim

It's like FS detects the wrong time zone i.e. the full hour zone east of Halifax when in Newfoundland. Is there anyway to correct this that you are aware of?

I use the BGL updates for time zones which come with FSRealTime. But I don't know if they cope with the 30 minute zones.

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/

Regards

Pete