The simFlight Network Forums

737 Throttle Quadrant by Throttletek

I recently received this device and am having issues with getting the Throttles to set thrust beyond 80% N1. I have tried both FSUIPC v 4.57 settings and FSX native settings. Same issue in both. Another issue is that the Thrust Reverser levers are not recognized by the axis assignment in FSUIPC and thus cannot be calibrated. I am using win7 64 bit with FSX. These issues persist on the default 737 as well as my addon 737 from Wilco.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brad Billison

I recently received this device and am having issues with getting the Throttles to set thrust beyond 80% N1. I have tried both FSUIPC v 4.57 settings and FSX native settings.

If you are assigning in FSX, then the cause will normally be your Sensitivity slider in FSX is not set to maximum (full right). If you assigned in FSUIPC instead then full thrust will always be obtained, otherwise you've not actually calibrated it. FSUIPC calibration is merely the spreading of whatever range of values it sees over the full range for FS (-16383 to +16383 for normal generic all engine throttle).

Another issue is that the Thrust Reverser levers are not recognized by the axis assignment in FSUIPC and thus cannot be calibrated.

FSUIPC4 recognises all 8 possible axes on any joystick type device which is recognised as such by Windows.

Please update to the latest interim version, from the Updates announcement above. It may simply be that your joystick is timing out. The check was a bit too stringent in version 4.57.

Regards

Pete