The simFlight Network Forums

messages in the screen.

My question is how (what offsets) can I show messages in the FS main windows, like this messages that aperas in the top of the main FS windows.

If you just search the offsets list document (in the FSUIPC SDK) for "message text" you'll find offset 3380 for the message (up to 127 characters plus zero terminator) and there get the reference to 32FA which is where it is controlled. It still also talks about AdvDisplay, but that is of course now replaced by FSUIPC's own FS windows.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Pete!

I coud send messages succesfully.

The new problem is that i want to read the messages writen by another process.

For example, Squawkbox send in that way the 122.80 frequency, so I want to make a program that can read this and speach the messages.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks Again for your time!

The new problem is that i want to read the messages writen by another process.

For example, Squawkbox send in that way the 122.80 frequency, so I want to make a program that can read this and speach the messages.

If it uses FSUIPC offsets to do this (and it won't in FSX) then you should be able to read them from that offset, yes. At least I've not done anything to stop that.

Pete

Well, i can't read not even what I (the same process) write in that offsets. But i have no problem with the same function reading or writing the 32FA offsets :?

I will continue trying.

Thanks for your help!

PS: I want to congratulate you for the FSUIPC, its a really good job :)

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Well, i can't read not even what I (the same process) write in that offsets. But i have no problem with the same function reading or writing the 32FA offsets :?

I will continue trying.

Actually, you may be right. Looking at the code it is rather complex, because different programs get messages into different windows -- single line, scrolling line, multiline, and some special treatment for Radar Contact, which was the original multiline window customer and what it was implemented for.

I think I had to make the 3380 area write-only because it's meaningless reading it -- the stuff doesn''t really stay there long enough to be useful, and goes to other places not part of the offset system.

Sorry for misleading you.

Regards

Pete