The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to create macros

I've created numerous macros for the PMDG MD11 in FSX, but when I try to create them for the standard microsoft aircraft nothing appears on screen to name the macro.

I start FSUIPC, click on the "Key Presses" tab, select "Aircraft specific" then press "Create Mouse Macro", name the file "C172_G1000", then click "OK" twice.

I then click on the landing lights on the cockpit panel.....and nothing happens???

Am I missing something, it worked fine with the PMDG aircraft?

Cheers

Graham McAllister

I've created numerous macros for the PMDG MD11 in FSX, but when I try to create them for the standard microsoft aircraft nothing appears on screen to name the macro.

As stated in the documentation, virtually none of the default FS gauges are susceptible to mouse macro programming. They are either using XML (in FSX especially), in which can you might, if you are lucky, get access via L:vars, or they simply don't abide by Microsoft's own gauge SDK. The structures simply are not there for FSUIPC to hook into. Most of the MS gauges written in C/C++ do direct calls into PANELS.DLL instead of using the standard published methods with hookable stuff in the gauge DLL themselves.

This is what it means when you get no response to a mouse click in macro creation mode -- "not possible".

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter.

I did notice while flying and clicking on the virtual panel screen, the green box with white text then popped up???

I'll try a little later using the VC, but if it doesn't work, well nothing lost. :-)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cheers

Graham McAllister