The simFlight Network Forums

Annoying tones when calibrating

I have been trying to calibrate some of the joystick axis and get an annoying tone when tryiing to set up in joystick calibration. when i try to set joystick calibration via FSUIPC on some of the axis ie. mixture I get these frustrating tones when trying to set max, min and idle settings. Values are also way off. Why is this. never seemed to happen before.

I have been trying to calibrate some of the joystick axis and get an annoying tone when tryiing to set up in joystick calibration. when i try to set joystick calibration via FSUIPC on some of the axis ie. mixture I get these frustrating tones when trying to set max, min and idle settings. Values are also way off. Why is this. never seemed to happen before.

The only time the calibration tab makes an "error beep" is when you attempt to put a lower number to the right of a higher number or vice versa.

Of the two or four numbers in a calibration line, the left-most must be the lowest. It is often so low it is negative (the most negative).. The middle two, if any, should both be higher than the left most one, but in either order, and the right-most should be the maximum value, the "most positive").

This is why they are often labelled "minimum" (for lowest), "centre" (for middling) and "maximum" for highest. See? Other labels are used to give context appropriate to the control being calibrated, but the principle remains. Left-to-Right = Low to High.

Any other arrangement makes no sense and would make everything go wrong, so it isn't allowed. The "beep" just means "you cannot do that!".

Pete