The simFlight Network Forums

altimeter setting

Please bear with me in this question

I have not yet bought fsuipc but would like to know that if I did that I would be able to select the altimeter and and adjust the altitude by KEYBOARD as I have an emulator and would like to be able to adjust it externally

I am sure its been answered but please confirm before I buy fsuipc

Thanks

Kallie

I have not yet bought fsuipc but would like to know that if I did that I would be able to select the altimeter and and adjust the altitude by KEYBOARD as I have an emulator and would like to be able to adjust it externally

Of course, but you don't need to "select" the altimeter first. There are separate FS controls you can assign keystrokes to in any case. Please review the List of FS2004 controls (or FSX controls) included in the FSUIPC documentation. Any of those can be assigned to joystick buttons or keypress combinations. These are the Kollsman window BARO adjustment controls:

KOHLSMAN DEC

KOHLSMAN INC

KOHLSMAN SET

The last takes a parameter which represents the number of mb (hPa) x 16 and can be used to set STD (1013.2) by using it with a parameter of 16211. That emulates pushing the BARO knob on a typical airliner EFIS panel. It is one of the examples in the FSUIPC user guide.

The baro setting display on an altimeter is called the "Kollsman window" after the German company who first made such altimeters. Microsoft mis-spelled the name! ;-)

I am sure its been answered but please confirm before I buy fsuipc

You can read all the FSUIPC documents and work out whether you need it in any case. They are installed for you if you install FSUIPC (you don't need to register), or they are now available in the "Updates and other goodies" announcement here in the Forum.

Regards

Pete