The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 installation order

Good afternoon

I have a question regarding FSUIPC 3 in conjunction with FS9:

Is it important to install FSUIPC as the very first addon after the update to FS9.1? I made a completely new install of FS9, installed the 9.1 update and then Active Sky Advanced. Would it have been better if I installed FSUIPC first? As far as I know ASA uses an unregistered FSUIPC module too.

Best regards

Is it important to install FSUIPC as the very first addon after the update to FS9.1? I made a completely new install of FS9, installed the 9.1 update and then Active Sky Advanced. Would it have been better if I installed FSUIPC first?

Not particularly, no. The order doesn't matter, though since ASA uses FSUIPC in FS9 it obviously shouldn't be run until FSUIPC is installed -- else it will complain.

As far as I know ASA uses an unregistered FSUIPC module too.

Correct. But installation order doesn't matter. Whether things are installed only becomes important when you run applications which depend on that installation.

Regards

Pete