The simFlight Network Forums

LOC/GS Update rate

Hi Pete,

I'm currently using offsets 2AAC and 2AB0 to read the Loc and GS needles.

$2AAC, 4, @nav1_loc_single

$2AB0, 4, @nav1_gs_single

I've noticed that the update rate of these offsets is quite slow. (500ms or so)

Would it be possible to increase the update rate of these variables to something more like the Alt,Lat,Long etc rate?

This would aid greatly with making the ILS capture in my software more accurate.

Many Thanks

Mark

Sim-Avionics

I'm currently using offsets 2AAC and 2AB0 to read the Loc and GS needles.

$2AAC, 4, @nav1_loc_single

$2AB0, 4, @nav1_gs_single

I've noticed that the update rate of these offsets is quite slow. (500ms or so)

I assume you mean FS9 or something older? If you mean FSX I've no control over how often SimConnect sends me new values.

In FS9 you should be seeing them updated every 220 mSecs. They are in the "Fast Sim Vars" group. Each update for all Sim Vars requires a call to routines in SIM1.DLL, a separate call for every variable to be updated. I could put just those in a small elite "super fast" group and increase the frequency to 55 mSecs.

Would it be possible to increase the update rate of these variables to something more like the Alt,Lat,Long etc rate?

It wouldn't be possible to make them that fast. Those variables are obtained by directly reading the memory location into which FS stores them. I can't do that for these.

Unfortunately you asked a couple of days too late. I just released major updates today after a prolonged 10 month period of intense development, and I'm taking a break. If you'd asked yesterday I could have slipped it in.

I'll be looking at any minor changes accumulated, maybe by the end of the month, but then I'm away for most of April. Is it urgent? I could try and get you an interim update done next week, for you only to supply (via a link I shall give), but I don't want any general updates to be needed for a while, if I can manage not to (i.e. no nasty bugs are identified).

Regards

Pete

Damm, Timings everything :) :(

Yes it's for FS9. I'm using these values to calculate accelerations, so they need to be as fast as possible. I've added my own smoothing routine to try and average it out, but obviously the more frequent the updates the better.

An interim build would be fantastic. If you're able to do anything pls drop me a mail with the link as you described.

Many Thanks

Mark

An interim build would be fantastic. If you're able to do anything pls drop me a mail with the link as you described.

I'm away from some time tomorrow till Monday or Tuesday. I might get a build done in the morning, else it will definitely be next week.

Please send me an email to remind me. I can mark it to be attended to. I've not no such work listing facility here. petedowson@btconnect.com .

Regards

Pete