The simFlight Network Forums

elevator trim

I use two yokes. the pfc and ch both recognized by fsuipc in fs2004. I assign buttom for the elevator trim up and down. When I try to trim the elevator it automatically moves in the upper position. I have deleted the config file and reassigned everything but and this seems to work. However after restarting fs2004 this morning the bug came back.

Can you advice what me what to do.

kind regards,

Levie de Leeuw

I assign buttom for the elevator trim up and down. When I try to trim the elevator it automatically moves in the upper position.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. What "automatically moves"? Please describe exactly what you se.

There are no different FSUIPC trim controls than FS supplies -- they are the same as pressing the 1 and 7 numpad keys on the keyboard, and the same as assigning buttons in FS itself.

Are you sure you don't have double assignments to the buttons you are using?

You must always mention the version number of the FSUIPC you are using, just in case your problem is related to any changes. The current version for FS2004 is 3.98 (or 3.98a, in fact). Please install that.

To see what your buttons are doing, go to FSUIPC options, select the Logging tab, and enable Event logging (not axis events, just the one event checkbox). This will put entries in the FSUIPC Log file (in the modules folder) each time you do anything in FS which creates a non-axis FS event, or control. See what it reports when you press your assigned buttons, and compare that with what is sent when you use the 1 and 7 buttons to trim using the keyboard.

I have deleted the config file and reassigned everything but and this seems to work. However after restarting fs2004 this morning the bug came back.

It sounds like you have them assigned in FS as well. But you don't describe the symptoms in enough detail for me to understand what you are seeing.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete,

I have a lot to learn yet. Especially the simple things. Your remarks made me look in a totally different direction -----the keyboard! The batteries were low and the numerical keypad did not respond properly probably sending a constant signal to the elevator trim which kept going up as soon as I loaded the plane. Well thanks for your patience and knowlegde and ....your brilliant program. FUIPC 3,98a installed.

greetings from The Netherlands, a country in political turmoil.

Levie de Leeuw