The simFlight Network Forums

font and problem

Hi Pete

Im having a new problem

Ive never seen this before.

My text is clipped and jumbled . This is the text that shows up in the scrolling display.

The actual msfsx aircraft and radio fonts seem fine.

Also The date text i.e ctl-z text is also not clear ( frame rates info and data)

I have not made and changes to my set up in a while, except I did update fsuipc recently to the latest version

I tried changing the text to white via fsuipc but I still cant really read it

I have made no other changes to my w7 x64 base setup for a long time either.

I dont know what has changed.

I see that there have been posts about similar issues but not exactly this issue

Thoughts??

Pete

fsx sp1 and accel.

My text is clipped and jumbled . This is the text that shows up in the scrolling display.

The actual msfsx aircraft and radio fonts seem fine.

Also The date text i.e ctl-z text is also not clear ( frame rates info and data)

I'm not sure why you are posting this here. Try the main FSX forum, see if anyone else has had such a problem. The only time I've ever seen that has been after a faulty video driver update -- in that case uninstalling the video drivers and installing a newly downloaded version fixed it. Maybe there's some corruption happened in your video driver settings.

I have not made and changes to my set up in a while, except I did update fsuipc recently to the latest version

I tried changing the text to white via fsuipc but I still cant really read it

FSUIPC can't change the colour of any text in FSX unless it is sent via FSUIPC. You mention the "Ctrl+Z" texts tooI assume you mean the Shift+Z details? FSUIPC has nothing to do with those.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for the quick reply

What I meant was that I checked the box in fsuipc that makes the letters white in the scrolling toolbar. I think is under the misc tab

Regardless, Ill try to reinstall the video driver. I posted here because the actual fsx aircraft text seems ok. ( such as the text in the gauges, atc etc). So I just deduced that it might have something to do with fsuipc or an add-on.

I"ll try the video driver reinstall , that might be the best choice.

Best to you regards Peter

What I meant was that I checked the box in fsuipc that makes the letters white in the scrolling toolbar. I think is under the misc tab

If you mean the scrolling message bar, again FSUIPC can only do anything with than when it is a message it is sending to FS on behalf of another program. The same message bar is used by FS's own ATIS and other things. FSUIPC has no control over fonts or position or size.

Regardless, Ill try to reinstall the video driver. I posted here because the actual fsx aircraft text seems ok. ( such as the text in the gauges, atc etc)

Yes, they are not the same, they are part of the gauge system. The only stuff using the fonts which you say look corrupted are the assorted FS message windows and the red warnings like PAUSE, BRAKES, SOUND, COCKPIT, and so on which occur in the corners unless you've got them disabled.

Regards

Pete