The simFlight Network Forums

Registering WideFS

Hello.

I've recently purchased WideFS for FS2004 to go with FSUIPC which is already installed. Problem is that FSUIPC was registered many moons ago with an old email address and therefore I can't register WideFS as the email addresses are different.

Do I need to pay again to re-register FSUIPC and re-install FSUIPC. If so, how do I do that as when I re-install FSUIPC it says it is already registered. I obviousy don't want to lose all my settings for FSUIPC.

Thank's in Advance, Martin.

I've recently purchased WideFS for FS2004 to go with FSUIPC which is already installed. Problem is that FSUIPC was registered many moons ago with an old email address and therefore I can't register WideFS as the email addresses are different.

You must be using an old and unsupported version of FSUIPC, then, as the last two user releases have allowed different email addresses. Just download and install the current version and enter your new WideFS registration when you are given the opportunity by the Installer.

Please, before posting questions here, always check the Announcements at the top of the Forum. They will tell you what versions are supported amongst other things.

Regards

Pete

Thank's, but I've just downloaded and installed the latest version of FSUIPC, but when I go to register WideFS (6.78), it says that it is an invalid 12-character key.

You are making a mistake then. ZIP your FSUIPC.KEY file and attach it to an email to me at petedowson@btconnect.com . Inlude the new registration details you are trying to use,, and the FSUIPC.LOG file from FS using the version you installed.

Regards

Pete

However, I can't get the connection to FS running. I will email you the log and ini files in the hope that you may be able to help.

I replied by email, but would prefer to keep everything here, please. You can paste Logs into messages here (enclose them as "Code" using the button provided, to keep everything tidy). Don't bother with INI files unless you've been messing with them.

Anyway, you have some sort of Network problem. The error reported, as shown in the client Log, is:

Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

That's all Windows tells us. The Server never sees anything at all from the Client, so I suspect there's a block -- a firewall probably. You'll need to deal with that. I suppose you did check that your FS PC has IP address 192.168.1.3?

My network is a wireless network

Wireless networks are always more finicky. I would never advise them for WideFS connections, they are too prone to lose stuff or cause many retries, clobbering things quite well. I know some folks use them okay, though, for relatively low load uses. There's some stuff in the WideFS docs about wireless, folks contributed.

But there's some block anyway. Firewall at the FS end probably.

Regards

Pete