The simFlight Network Forums

What to do with the Offset I found

Hello Mr. Dowson,

I want to do something with the APU, but I don't know how. Maybe it's not even possible....

This is just to simulate real startup procedures, because I know FS2004 does not support the APU (no power provision or fuel consumption).

I have been studying your documents about FSUIPC and its Offsets, bits and bytes, but I must be an idiot, because it completely dazzles me.....

I have the Project Magenta RJ displays in my cockpit, and they have a small APU section. To simulate the APU operation I tried to get this to work with buttons from a GoFlight module, and FSUIPC.

With a demo version of PMsystems I was able to start the APU, and see the result in the PM RJ displays, but since PMsystems is not designed for the Lear 45, it gives to many problems with the other Lear operations. I did see that the Offset used for the APU was 0X560F.

Can this be used to tell PMRJ that the APU is started, running or being shutdown? And if so, how must this be done?

I have FS2004 with SP1, PMRJ build 100, Goflight GF-P8, GF-T8, FSUIPC registered version 3.82

Thanks in advance.

Jaap

I have the Project Magenta RJ displays in my cockpit, and they have a small APU section. To simulate the APU operation I tried to get this to work with buttons from a GoFlight module, and FSUIPC.

With a demo version of PMsystems I was able to start the APU, and see the result in the PM RJ displays, but since PMsystems is not designed for the Lear 45, it gives to many problems with the other Lear operations. I did see that the Offset used for the APU was 0X560F.

Can this be used to tell PMRJ that the APU is started, running or being shutdown? And if so, how must this be done?

Sorry, I don't know the PMRJ software at all, only the Beoing PM suite. For that the APU operation consists only of:

1. the APU switch (560F, the one you found)

2. the APU Generators, 5624, 5625

and there are APU bleed and APU fire switches. Bleed is needed for the jet starter.

As far as I know all of the APU logic and the subsequent management of electric circuit energizing and bleed air provision is incorporated into the pmSystems program itself. I've no idea if that works with the PMRJ suite or not. Sorry. You really need to ask PM support.

If all you are asking about is how to program buttons or switches to write to FSUIPC offsets, then that's easy -- just assign to the appropriate "Offset" control ("Offset byte set" for the above offsets), with the offset you found and the parameter set to whatever value you need to write.

Regards

Pete

If all you are asking about is how to program buttons or switches to write to FSUIPC offsets, then that's easy -- just assign to the appropriate "Offset" control ("Offset byte set" for the above offsets), with the offset you found and the parameter set to whatever value you need to write.

Regards

Pete

That's exactly it. PMSystems is not (yet) designed to be used with the Learjet 45.

So I need to use FSUIPC buttons and switches, select "Offset byte set" 0x560f and set the parameter. I have learned that this Offset has three positions:

0 for Off, 1 for On and 2 for Start. Do I just fill in 0, 1 or 2 at the parameter section, or something else? Because when I fill in one of these numbers, and try, it does not work and when I reopen FSUIPC, it has changed it into something else. And that's the part I dont' get.....

Thanks for the help,

Jaap

That's exactly it. PMSystems is not (yet) designed to be used with the Learjet 45.

So I need to use FSUIPC buttons and switches, select "Offset byte set" 0x560f and set the parameter. I have learned that this Offset has three positions:

0 for Off, 1 for On and 2 for Start. Do I just fill in 0, 1 or 2 at the parameter section

Yes, exactly.

Because when I fill in one of these numbers, and try, it does not work and when I reopen FSUIPC, it has changed it into something else.

FSUIPC won't change it at all, only pmSystems and the Offset Byte Set command will.

Are you watching the pmSystems switch as you use the offset control? Don't forget the "start" is momentary -- it is spring loaded back to "on". So after you write '2' the switch should move to "start", then move back, which will set the value back to 1. But then the EGT should rise and settle correctly when running. After that you can engage the APU generators.

FSUIPC has no use for pmSystems offsets. they are totally between your assignments and pmSystems.

Pete