The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with 4.60

Hey Mr.Dowson, I'm having a small problem with fsuipc 4.60, I tried reinstalling several times but the issue remains, it has to do with my Button + Switches that I program for specific aircraft. All the commands are saved in the fsupic ini file, however when I first start up FSX they don't work. I have to ALT into the menu tab go into fsuipc and exit, then they work. I have never encountered this before with previous versions, its not a huge issue, but one I would like to fix, now the only thing that I am running differently on my machine is I'm using SimConnect to run ASE (problem is present when ASE is not running aswell) and have recently reinstalled Ultimate Traffic 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if you need any other information I will do my best to provide it for you. Thanks

Ian

... it has to do with my Button + Switches that I program for specific aircraft. All the commands are saved in the fsupic ini file, however when I first start up FSX they don't work. I have to ALT into the menu tab go into fsuipc and exit, then they work.

That sounds like a problem which existed on some installations which is certainly corrected in 4.602. It only occurred with some setups with buttons but no axes assigned in FSUIPC and it was related to the new way buttons are read.

Could you please download the update from the Updates announcement above and see if that fixes it? Just copy the DLL into your FSX modules folder. No re-installation needed.

Regards

Pete