The simFlight Network Forums

data to realworld

Hi, im looking into building a motion rig for FS2004, finding it hard to find any info that a newbie to all this can make sense of.

I want to know if its possible to output from FS2004 , pitch, yaw , g force and turbulance data, basically i need to add motion to a sim.

I can do all the mechanical ,hydraulic and pneumatics stuff, i also write python and Microchip Assembler, ladder logic , BCF and other PLC code, if i can get data to the com ports or usb i can turn it into real world.

If you could shed some light on whats do able i would be greatfull, also a link to info would be helpful.

mark

Hi, im looking into building a motion rig for FS2004, finding it hard to find any info that a newbie to all this can make sense of.

A "newbie" to aviation, to FS or to programming?

Why are you finding it hard to find things? Where have you actually looked?

I want to know if its possible to output from FS2004 , pitch, yaw , g force and turbulance data

Yes. The complete list of values you can read via FSUIPC is given in the tables in the FSUIPC SDK (SDK = Software development kit). If you are programming something that's one place to begin.

If you are talking about FSX and SimConnect you want the FSX SDK. All of the SimConnect reference materials you want are there.

There are some easier demonstrations of getting output via simple short Lua plug-ins to FSUIPC. Those and the documentation are installed into your system when you install FSUIPC. Check the FSUIPC documents folder inside the FS Modules folder. I even added COM port I/O support to the FSUIPC Lua libraries recently.

Regards

Pete

Hi, looked at your site and got some of the code after i sent this out.

Im new to FS, done a bit of programming mainly bespoke control software for data control on ROV's and robots, so not really had to pull data from other programs before, as to flying , i dont have a license but have flown in and controlled, SE5a (loooong time ago), canberra, phantom,cessna, chipmunk, kirby cadet, sedburg, wessex, puma, lynx and loads of other stuff, spent a flight in the cockpit of a Tristar when i was a kid.

Worked as an ROV pilot offshore for a bit, simular idea only you move up and down and the craft stays level.oh and if it fails it goes up instead of down.

Theres a lot of abreviations and a lot of dead links on sites to trawl through to get to the right info, but as i said ive found your site and am looking through it.

Thanks for getting intouch

Theres a lot of abreviations and a lot of dead links on sites to trawl through to get to the right info, but as i said ive found your site and am looking through it.

For experimentation and prototyping you might find first steps are easier with a Lua plug-in. There are examples already provided to do things like export LLAPBH (Lat Lon Alt Pitch Bank Heading) data to a file -- that could easily send things to a serial (COM) port or over an Ethernet (TCP or UDP) link instead. There are examples of a Network client-server link between two copies of FS, to slave one to the other, and so on.

Lua is a programming language well suited to quick testing and prototyping, and FSUIPC supports most of its main libraries and facilities as well as its own extras for FS read/write access. However, to use these facilities you would need to purchase an FSUIPC registration, whereas the application interface is free for non-commercial use.

Regards

Pete

hi, ok im looking itno this more and more, can i access the offset via c easily, if so i can use ctypes on pyhton to read it. Ive just about mastered python and not really willing to go onto another language.( its probably in the documentation and ive probably miss read it.)

sorry if im being a pain, im just going into a really steep learning curve actually probably vertical!

thanks

mark

hi, ok im looking itno this more and more, can i access the offset via c easily, if so i can use ctypes on pyhton to read it. Ive just about mastered python and not really willing to go onto another language.( its probably in the documentation and ive probably miss read it.)

The basic interface to FSUIPC is in C and there are examples in the SDK.

Pete