The simFlight Network Forums

Advice & Help Please - Goflight GF-LGT & FSUIPC

First off Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section, I'm tearing my hair out and dont know where to turn?

I have just bought a Goflight GF-LGT module and downloaded the latest GFConfig software V1.90 Build 4 but I cannot get it to interact with FSX, although FS2004 works a treat. This may be nothing at all to do with FSUIPC but looking through other posts the knowledge and support linked to this site may hold some good advice?

A little about my pc:

Windows7 64bit

FS2004 - FSUIPC V3.93 (Works great with GF-LGT)

FSX - FSUIPC4 V4.60 (No luck with GF-LGT)

Now my versions of FSUIPC are unregistered, my friend thinks if I buy a version for FSX I would be able to program the GF-LGT through FSUIPC but would not be able to control the landing gear lights coming on and off as the gear extends and retracts.

Please can any one offer some good advice please?

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

I have just bought a Goflight GF-LGT module and downloaded the latest GFConfig software V1.90 Build 4 but I cannot get it to interact with FSX, although FS2004 works a treat. This may be nothing at all to do with FSUIPC but looking through other posts the knowledge and support linked to this site may hold some good advice?

I don't really know the GoFlight software, and don't use it. The LGT is actaully supported by FSUIPC if you want to use it, but if you aren't programming it in FSUIPC then really it isn't involved at all.

FS2004 - FSUIPC V3.93 (Works great with GF-LGT)

FSX - FSUIPC4 V4.60 (No luck with GF-LGT)

There's absolutely no difference in FSUIPC support for GF devices between FSUIPC3 and 4, but your FSUIPC3 is well out of date and unsupported. The current version is 3.98.

Now my versions of FSUIPC are unregistered

Ah, in that case you cannot be using FSUIPC to program your LGT. So whether you way "works great with GF-LGT" you cannot be referring to fSUIPC because it is irrelevant.

Sorry, I think you need to check with GoFlight support. Sounds like the GoFlight driver for FSX isn't getting loaded. It's an external EXE program. Have you tried running it yourself -- maybe it simply isn't loading automatically because of an error in your EXE.XML file?

my friend thinks if I buy a version for FSX I would be able to program the GF-LGT through FSUIPC but would not be able to control the landing gear lights coming on and off as the gear extends and retracts.

Well, you can program that in FSUIPC too -- via a little Lua plug-in program. It would be pretty easy to put together. I could do it as an example for you when you've got all the rest done.

Regards

Pete

Thankyou for the prompt reply, as I though I did not believe it was to do with FSUIPC and you have confirmed this.

I have checked the Goflightinc.com website for more support and downloads and there is none? The only software available is the one I have tried.

If i purchase the FSUIPC for FSX would it be possible for you to help me program it so I can have the lights working for the landing gear please?

Kind regards

Craig

I have checked the Goflightinc.com website for more support and downloads and there is none? The only software available is the one I have tried.

But GFConfig is NOT the driver. All that does is allow you to configure the GF devices. I've just checked. The driver for FSX is a program called GFDevFSX.exe. It must have been installed in your GoFlight folder (the same place as GFConfig) when you installed the GF package.

That needs to be running to allow the settings you make in GFConfig to be used!

If i purchase the FSUIPC for FSX would it be possible for you to help me program it so I can have the lights working for the landing gear please?

I'm on holiday soon for a week. If you do go that way contact me after April 7th. But I'm sure everything you want to do can be done with GFDevFSX.

Regards

Pete