The simFlight Network Forums

Server Disconnect/FS2004

Pete--I am using the newest versions of FSUIPC/WIDEFS (registered). I keep receiving server disconnects running FS2004 and the Project Magenta software. This was not a problem I had with FS2002 and PM. The FS2004 framerate lock on a P4 2.4 is 20 (XP). The logs indicate connection and then the server diconnect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

Pete--I am using the newest versions of FSUIPC/WIDEFS (registered). I keep receiving server disconnects running FS2004 and the Project Magenta software. This was not a problem I had with FS2002 and PM. The FS2004 framerate lock on a P4 2.4 is 20 (XP). The logs indicate connection and then the server diconnect.

There's no difference in the way WideFs works on FS2004 compared to FS2002, so it must be related somehow to processor usage. I need to see both the Server and Client LOG files. Also it would be useful to know what other things you have running on the FS PC -- I am using a P4 2.4GHz PC too for FS2004 with the frame rate limiter set to 20 and have no similar problem.

Normally WideServer assumes that if it cannot access FS's "SIM1" variables this is because you are in a menu, or loading a flight or similar. To avoid crashing FS during such times, it holds off from updating things then, but if this goes on for too long it does cause a disconnect-reconnect sequence to ensure everything is restored.

I do have a test version of WideServer with which you can stop the disconnect-reconnect part. I put this in as an experiment but at present I'm not happy about it being the default mode -- there were good reasons for this behaviour, and I don't want to get reports of FS lock ups and crashes which were happening on some folks systems before I made those changes back in version 4.

So, if you'd zip up the Logs showing the problem and send them to petedowson@btconnect.com, with a covering not describing what you have running where, I'll take a look. I may send a test version of WideServer with which you can change the behaviour, but I'd want feedback on that for a while before I decided to release it.

Thanks,

Pete