The simFlight Network Forums

magnetic variation

Hi Peter,

Hope you're having a nice holiday. :)

I just came across an error in FSInterrogate.

At offset 02A0 (magvar) it says, add to convert true to mag, but it is the other way around as experimenting (and the offset pdf file) shows!

Hope you can fix it with the next release of the SDK.

By the way, FSUIPC is doing a great job at our VA!

I made our own logging software, FSUIPC based, and it's working great!

It is the transavia.com virtual airline: http://www.transavia-virtual.com

Greetings,

Jasper

I just came across an error in FSInterrogate.

At offset 02A0 (magvar) it says, add to convert true to mag, but it is the other way around as experimenting (and the offset pdf file) shows!

Hope you can fix it with the next release of the SDK.

Hmm. It's an error in the FSI file, not in FSInterrogate itself. That file is a data file which is created when you edit entries in FSI's tables, and all that has been composed by many folks, least of all myself, but AFAIK it hasn't been checked in the level of detail you are using. I think it even still refers to lots of usable offsets as "unsupported" or something similar.

I will edit the file entry, as you can, and it will be corrected in the next release, but you should be using the proper documentation for details of offsets -- FSUIPC for Programmers or FSUIPC4 Offsets Status for FSX. Those are the documents which are maintained, more than the FSI data.

By the way, FSUIPC is doing a great job at our VA!

Good! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Hmm. It's an error in the FSI file, not in FSInterrogate itself. That file is a data file which is created when you edit entries in FSI's tables, and all that has been composed by many folks, least of all myself, but AFAIK it hasn't been checked in the level of detail you are using. I think it even still refers to lots of usable offsets as "unsupported" or something similar.

I will edit the file entry, as you can, and it will be corrected in the next release, but you should be using the proper documentation for details of offsets -- FSUIPC for Programmers or FSUIPC4 Offsets Status for FSX. Those are the documents which are maintained, more than the FSI data.

Yeah that's what I meant

But I think you should give the FSI file a higher priority, because FSInterrogate is the best way to also really get used to the offset you want.

Thanks anyway!

Greetings,

Jasper

But I think you should give the FSI file a higher priority, because FSInterrogate is the best way to also really get used to the offset you want.

I can't do that as it is much more work to update the FSI files than to document things in documents, and also I can easily put much more information into the documents.

If you would like to volunteer to go through the whole FSI data, via FSInterrogate, and check it, expand upon it, and add to it, please please do so. I would then incorporate your version instead of Pelle's original and credit you.

All in all I think that using the reference documentation for reference and FSI for experimentation is the best way for any developer to proceed.

Regards

Pete