The simFlight Network Forums

Radar Gauge/FSUIPC in FS2004

Peter,

In FS2002 a radar gauge(by Eric Marciano) with your unregistered FSUIPC version 2.87 works perfectly.

I transferred the aircraft with the radar gauge to FS2004 and am using in FS2004 an unregistered FSUIPC version 3.04. I am now unable to see any radar blips.

I assume the radar gauge was accredited since it worked in FS2002.

If I register will the radar gauge work in FS2004?

I have an e-mail out to Marciano to see if his radar gauge is compatible with FS2004.

Any thoughts?

I assume the radar gauge was accredited since it worked in FS2002.

That's an incorrect assumption I'm afraid. "Accredited" means it has an access key to enable it to use FSUIPC version 3. It evidently hasn't. You should really get in touch with the author and see if he has a Key, and if not whether he will be getting one. If it is Freeware I will give him one on request immediately.

If I register will the radar gauge work in FS2004?

If it is showing AI aircraft positions using FSUIPC's facilities, yes -- all that is compatible across FS2002/FS2004. But programs need keys to access unregistered copies of FSUIPC.

I have an e-mail out to Marciano to see if his radar gauge is compatible with FS2004.

If the aircraft works in all other respects and doesn't crash FS then it probably only needs access to FSUIPC. It can be registered manually if Eric does not want to update it, and it should work in any case on a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete