The simFlight Network Forums

Controller spiking

Hello,

I just bought the key for FSUIPC, so I could use it to set up my controllers, but since I installed it, instead of having the smooth precise movements I read about, I have been getting erratic, jerky spikes. Can anyone give me some advice as to what might be wrong?

BTW, I disabled the controllers in FSX prior to trying to use FSUIPC.

Thanks

I just bought the key for FSUIPC, so I could use it to set up my controllers, but since I installed it, instead of having the smooth precise movements I read about, I have been getting erratic, jerky spikes.

FSUIPC, merely being installed, changes nothing. You need to tell me what you've done.

BTW, I disabled the controllers in FSX prior to trying to use FSUIPC.

Why? What are you trying to do? If you disable controllers in FS you will have to do all your assignments and calibrations in FSUIPC. Why do you want to do this? If you only want to use FSUIPC's more precise calibration, you can do so without assigning the axes in FSUIPC as well.

Without knowing what you've done or what you want to do I really cannot comment further, except to say that usually, when folks have erratic behaviour on an axis it is because there are multiple assignments to the same axis. You can do that in FSUIPC's assignments, but more usually it indicates dual FSUIPC and FS assignments.

Pete