The simFlight Network Forums

FStarRC 1.86 / FliteStar FliteMap 9.4.7 / Windows 7

Hey there Pete (and everyone)

I was shocked to see the last time I logged in simFlight was Nov 2007, and I don't think I have ever posted before.

I'm stuck now. My WideFS desktop which I have been using solidly for three years is slowly dying. I have spent the past week migrating everything to my laptop. I'm done for the most part. However, when I create a plan with Flitemap and try to print it, my .apl and .pln files aren't being created. I don't really need the .apl because I don't use RC, but I need the .pln to load it into FS as well as Activesky.

On my dying desktop my Flitemap FliteStar version was 9.x (can't remember) on WinXP. And everything worked fine for quite a long while. With my new setup I can confirm 100% that my directories are correct in the FstarRC.ini file, and also that the "Expanded Log" is checked on the Nav Log page.

[Paths]

RC="C:\Jeppesen\FliteStar"

EFIS98=""

SquawkBox=""

SchirattiCDU=""

FS2000=""

FS2002=""

FS2004="C:\Users\***\Desktop\FlightSim\Flight Planning\FlightPlans"

[settings]

DuplicateFreqsOkay=No

MaxCheckpoints=150

RoundCheckpointAltsUp=Yes

HardSurfacesOnly=Yes

MinRunwayLength=5000

MinDepartureDistance=1

MaxLastCheckpointDistance=0

InsertCrossingPoint=No

MaxDescription=160

IncludeAlternate=No

Do you think it's a problem with the new Flitemap version, or Windows 7, or both? Or neither? And something else is wrong?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Rob Simmons

Do you think it's a problem with the new Flitemap version, or Windows 7, or both? Or neither? And something else is wrong?

I'm using FliteMap 9.3 with FStarRC 2.001 on Windows 7, and that works well. I don't know if it will work with 9.4.7 (Jeppesen have an awful habit of changing things in their print formatting, which is where FStarRC gets its data from), but I'm pretty sure FStarRC 1.86 won't even work with the 9.3 I have.

Why don't you try using the updated release of FStarRC? It's available with all the rest of the updates in the Updates announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Haha! Pete saves the day again! As mentioned, I don't come here often. I didn't see the post about the updates. I went to your page on the Schratti site and figured 1.86 was the latest.

So I can verify that this new release will work with Flitemap 9.4.7 :D

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Rob

I went to your page on the Schratti site and figured 1.86 was the latest.

Not my page, but Enrico Schiratti's. I'll have to remember to ask him to update that. I hadn't noticed -- FStarRC has so few users that no one told me before!

So I can verify that this new release will work with Flitemap 9.4.7

Good! Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Pete