The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC installation .

Hello y'all

I've just update to 3.04 and i've installed it to the FS modules

folder . when I go back to FS2002 it still shows as 2.97 .

Any ideas please .

Hope it's not a dumb question , I can see 3.04 in the modules folder

but not in FS2002 itself .Active sky 1.6 I don't think is behaving itself

would 2.97 have an effect on it working correctly ?

Regards Andy 8)

I've just update to 3.04 and i've installed it to the FS modules folder . when I go back to FS2002 it still shows as 2.97 . Any ideas please. Hope it's not a dumb question , I can see 3.04 in the modules folder but not in FS2002 itself .Active sky 1.6 I don't think is behaving itself would 2.97 have an effect on it working correctly ?

Last question first: no, if version 2.97 is installed Active Sky should be okay. But I think 1.6 is quite old. Haven't there been lots of fixes since then? You might want to check for updates.

On the installation question, if when FS loads up and you go to the Modules folder, FSUIPC shows as version 2.97, then that is what is installed in the FS Modules folder. There's no two ways about it. It sounds like you've actually put the newer FSUIPC in another folder instead.

This has been known before. In fact one user had another install of FS which he'd forgotten all about and he was actually loading FS from there even though he was updating the one he thought he was loading from!

There's nothing I can really do from here. Just do a file search using Windows Explorer and see how many FSUIPC.DLLs you have installed and where they all are. That should show the error.

Regards,

Pete

Hiya Pete , thanks for your reply , It's asking me to register the program

but I don't have a key . Am I supposed to have paid for it ?

It is now (3.04) where it is supposed to be . I'm not sure if it has any thing to do with FSUIPC but I've lost the sound from FS2002 .

Should there be a conflict ?

Appreciate your help . Andy Sinkinson

It's asking me to register the program

but I don't have a key . Am I supposed to have paid for it ?

If you register FSUIPC at SimMarket you will get a Key for it. Otherwise you can only run accredited programs. The recent versions of ActiveSky will be accredited, but 1.6 is rather old -- you could check with the author about that, or see which version you need to use.

It is now (3.04) where it is supposed to be . I'm not sure if it has any thing to do with FSUIPC but I've lost the sound from FS2002 .

Should there be a conflict ?

No, FSUIPC has nothing to do with sound at all.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete, Sometime ago I purchased a version of fsuipc 3.04 along with wide fs . I had cause to uninstall flight sim 2002 and now I've re installed it I can't find either dll . I 've followed your instruction re clicking on show hidden files and folders etc but to no avail .

What are my options ?

Regards Andy Sinkinson

Hi Pete, Sometime ago I purchased a version of fsuipc 3.04 along with wide fs . I had cause to uninstall flight sim 2002 and now I've re installed it I can't find either dll . I 've followed your instruction re clicking on show hidden files and folders etc but to no avail

Download them again from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. Naturally if you completely re-install FS and deleted the original you will lose everything you installed into it in the first place. Next time you want to do such an extreme thing, use the FS uninstall but do not delete anything it doesn't, then install again to the same place. That way all the additions will be retained.

FSUIPC and WideFS are always available from the Schiratti site in any case, and 3.04 is pretty old now. Go get 3.11.

I hope you saved your FSUIPC.KEY file some place safe, else you'll need to re-enter your registration details too.

Regards,

Pete