The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Wide screen

I just purchased the above preduct and each time I run the Application (.exe), I recieve the following WideClinet FS98 - Waiting for connection. Also, I have PM sounds and when I run PM File Check, I receive a message that FSUIPC4 and Widescreen files cannot be found. I have installed FSUIPC4 (combined version) and I get no error message when installing that file. Might I be installing something incorrectly.

Rob Johnston

I just purchased the above preduct

I assume you mean "WideFS", not "WideScreen"! I don't make anything called "wideScreen". That's a TV or Cinema term.

... and each time I run the Application (.exe), I recieve the following WideClinet FS98 - Waiting for connection.

Yes, that's wait it will say until it can connect to WideServer on the FS PC (For FSX WideServer is built into FSUIPC4).

Also, I have PM sounds and when I run PM File Check, I receive a message that FSUIPC4 and Widescreen files cannot be found. I have installed FSUIPC4 (combined version) and I get no error message when installing that file. Might I be installing something incorrectly.

No, that's unlikely. What needs to happen for two programs to talk to each other over a Network is a Network connection. Do you have the PC running WideClient connected on a Network to the PC running FSX? That's the first question -- you have told me nothing at all about your PCs.

If you already have a Network, is it working correctly? Can you access files on the other PC from each?

If it is a working network, then the most likely problems are either they are on different WorkGroups and therefore broadcasts are not being received, or you have one or more firewalls blocking communications.

Have you read any of the documentation supplied with WideFS, particularly the network configuring part following the installation instructions?

Finally, FSUIPC4, WideServer and WideClient all produce Log files which will you you and I exactly what is going on. Please find those and have a look. that is what they are for.

By the way, please ALWAYS state FSUIPC version numbers when you ask for help here. It is essential information. You can find the version number displayed in the FSUIPC options, on screen, or in the FSUIPC4 Log file, or by right-clicking on the DLL itself and checking Properties-Version.

Regards

Pete