The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek yoke + quadrant and different aircraft

Hello Pete,

Currently I am trying to make different yoke/throttle/button configs for different aircraft in FSUIPC.

First I disabled all controllers in FSX.

Than I went to the Axis Assignements page in FSUIPC and checked Aircraft specific.

I first moved the Yoke forward/backwards , pressed Delta, moved the yoke a bit forward and pressed Delta again.

After that I checked Direct to FSUIPC and choose Elevator from the dropdown menu.

Pressed OK .

I re-opened FSUIPC and tried to assign the ailerons in the same way.

But FSUIPC shows the same joystick ( that is ok ) , but with the same Axis.

There I am lost. I cannot assign different movements to the same axis.

I treid rescan but no luck.

Surely I am doing something wrong, but do not see it.

Can you lighten me a bit ?

Thanks in advance,

Gerard

First I disabled all controllers in FSX.

Than I went to the Axis Assignements page in FSUIPC and checked Aircraft specific.

If you are starting out on this is would probably be a lot easier to use Profiles instead. You have to make one small change to the FSUIPC INI file first. There's a chapter about Profiles in the user manual. I think you'll find it a lot easier in the long run.

I first moved the Yoke forward/backwards , pressed Delta, moved the yoke a bit forward and pressed Delta again.

Why on Earth are you messing with the Delta? As the documentation explains, that's only either for very specific software-controlled axis purposes, or to overcome excessive jitter. the default Delta value is perfect more all normal use.

After that I checked Direct to FSUIPC and choose Elevator from the dropdown menu.

Pressed OK .

If you select "direct to FSUIPC calibration" you MUST calibrate in FSUIPC or the axis won't work! It's inputs will go nowhere. There is actually little point in assigning axes in FSUIPC at all if you don't calibrate them as well.

I re-opened FSUIPC and tried to assign the ailerons in the same way.

Why close and reopen the options each time? That will simply take longer.

But FSUIPC shows the same joystick ( that is ok ) , but with the same Axis.

The first axis it sees moving with be the one registers. Of course. There's probably a little movement on the elevator when you move the ailerons and the elevator is registering first. This is precisely why there's the "ignore axis" option, so that you can tell FSUIPC to temporarily ignore changes on a moving axis in order to register another. Please please do have a look at the documentation! If you read through the axis assignments section it does explain all this.

I treid rescan but no luck.

Rescan will show the first moving axis which isn't being ignored. If you ignore the active axis and rescan it will find the next. That's the whole point of those options!

Regards

Pete