The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.98 power issue

Hallo to all! I have a small problem with the power setting and FSUIPC 3.98.

I am using FS9.1 and FSUIPC 3.98. Beside i am running Projectmagenta GC and MCP connected to a CPFlight hardware MCP.

My problem now is following: Even i have a dark and cold Cockpit at FS9, my PM and hardware MCP show some default values.

First i thought that maybe there are some wrong settings at PM but now i found out that when i start the PM MCP all the Values on the MCP are blank.

Once i start FS the digits on the PM MCP light up even the FS cockpit is cold and battery and avionics switches are off.

So i guess that maybe FSUIPC is sending a wrong information or maybe i forgot to change a value.

It is just annoying that my Homecockpit is dark and cold and the hardware mcp is showing dafault values even the battery master switch on the overhead is set to off.

Can anyone help?

thnx in advance

Klaus Troemer

Even i have a dark and cold Cockpit at FS9, my PM and hardware MCP show some default values.

First i thought that maybe there are some wrong settings at PM but now i found out that when i start the PM MCP all the Values on the MCP are blank.

Once i start FS the digits on the PM MCP light up even the FS cockpit is cold and battery and avionics switches are off.

So i guess that maybe FSUIPC is sending a wrong information or maybe i forgot to change a value.

It will be completely to do with whatever software is handling your MCP. FSUIPC doesn't "send" information anywhere, it merely makes it available for applications like PM to read. If the battery and avionics are off, the relevant data read by applications will say so.

Can anyone help?

If you mean the display on PM's own MCP graphic, then you need ot talk to PM support. If the MCP hardware you are using is driven directly by the PM MCP software you also need to talk to PM support. If your MCP hardware is driven by a driver program outside of PM, you need to talk to the MCP hardware support or at least the folks who supply the driver.

FSUIPC really doesn't have any direct control over any displays.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your fast reply.

I was just curious that the digits of the PM MCP are still blank untill the time i start FS9.

And when i start FS9 and open a flight with a dark cockpit suddenly the PM MCP starts to show values too...!!!

It was just that i thought that when starting FS9 FSUIPC is sending some information that indicates PM MCP to start too ...

anyways, i will try to contact PM support too...

Thanks....really appreciated it much

Klaus

Thank you for your fast reply.

I was just curious that the digits of the PM MCP are still blank untill the time i start FS9.

I expect whichever software controls the MCP waits until it can connect to FSUIPC.

It was just that i thought that when starting FS9 FSUIPC is sending some information that indicates PM MCP to start too ...

No, it's the other way around. All FSUIPC applications look for a connection to FSUIPC. Whether they wait for it before they become fully active or not is up to them.

Regards

Pete